Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-12-2020, 09:06 AM   #1
mcgarvan
mcgarvan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hello

I have been using calibre with my Sony Prs 650 ereader for several years and I am very happy with the combination. I also have a kindle and a Nook. I have overcome a couple of issues with the format of some epub books over the years.

I am wondering if anyone familiar with the forums can direct me to a thread where I can find a solution for my current problem. With all the forums/threads generated over the years it looks overwhelming.

I downloaded an epub book from Kobo which I can read in calibre. Unfortunately, the original epub book does not open in my Sony, it just initiates a reboot and returns to the home page. I tried doing an epub to epub conversion which has worked before with vaguely similar issues. Now I can view the cover page on the sony but it just reboots when I try to move to the next page. I have just added it to my Nook and it seems to work fine there.
Any help anyone can give me to get me talkingto someone in the right forum/thread will be greatefully accepted.
mcgarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

I suggest you ask for advice in the Sony subforum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=100
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:26 PM   #3
mcgarvan
mcgarvan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thanks for the prompt help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post