Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
jalandar
Connoisseur
jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Asus TF300T
Self published ebook authors and overdrive

I am in the process of helping my stepfather republish as ebooks 2 novels he previously wrote and self published in print, and a new novel that is a sequel to his first novel. Down the line there will be a couple short story collections also.

We've had some people ask us if we were going to get the books added to any of the library ebook collections.

I went looking over at Overdrive, to see how to get added to their catalog. It appears I'd have to apply for a publisher's account there, and hope to get approved, which seems kinda overkill for what isn't likely to be more than a handful of books.

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience along these lines before I go any further with it.
jalandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
registered with overdrive

I am registered with Overdrive. I have to say the process to get setup with them was a bit of a hassle, not too complicated just time consuming. However the extra sales that I have been getting through them have well been worth it.

I am not sure if they will take you with so few ebooks, at the very least I think you will need a tax id.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
jalandar
Connoisseur
jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Asus TF300T
Thanks for the feedback. Food for thought anyway....
jalandar is offline   Reply With Quote