Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
JBL review on NewEgg website: Found a way to read kindle books!

I checked JBL deals on NewEgg.com website and found the interesting review:
-------

Pros: I cannot say enough positive things. I will have a difficult time going back to paper now.

Cons: The page turner on the left side could be easier to pull down. The end of my thumb is getting a callous

Other Thoughts: I found a way to copy kindle books to my jetbook. Type "Converting Kindle For PC Books Now Possible" into your favorite search engine.

This makes it possible to get all the latest books on my jetbook!
--

Your mileage may vary.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Other Thoughts: I found a way to copy kindle books to my jetbook. Type "Converting Kindle For PC Books Now Possible" into your favorite search engine.

This makes it possible to get all the latest books on my jetbook!
Welcome to the party removing DRM from Kindle4PC books has been reality since the middle of last December.

You're doing a service making other folks aware.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #3
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I tried that procedure and had problems so I switched to using "Skindel"

The problem here was how to apply the commands. I tried the "Run" as well as just double clicking on the exec.

I figured out that you need to start up the "command prompt" - place yourself in the "My Kindle Content" directory and then apply the skindle command string.

I found that setting up the command strings in Notebook and saving them helped in being consistent with the string. You just had to change the variables and do a copy and paste from notepad into the Command Prompt screen right after the last character in the line. If you have a problem just review the string for a typo.

Here are 2 sample strings. the first one just places me in the correct directory.

The second executes the string command within that directory.

Afterwords you can use Calibre to convert the output files to another format.

usage: ./skindle [-d] [-v] -i <ebook file> -o <output file> [-k kindle.info file] [-p pid]

-d optional, for topaz files only, produce a decompressed output file

-i required name of the input mobi or topaz file

-o required name of the output file to generate

-k optional kindle.info path

-v dump the contents of kindle.info

-p additional PID values to attempt (can specifiy multiple times)

You only need to specify a kindle.info path if skindle can't find

your kindle.info file automatically

execute in the command prompt:

Step one positions you into the kindle content library
. You should only need to do step one once - unless you accidently kick yourself out. That is why I used Notepad. If I screwed up I could just fix it in notepad - save, and then copy and paste for another try.

*** Note: Change the YYY to your user name for the PC logon

cd c:\documents and settings\YYY\my documents\my kindle content\

Step 2 creates a copy of the file with no drm
(May not work for all topaz files) - the copy is placed in the "My Kindle Content" directory.

c:\skindle\skindle -d -i b00xxxxx_EBOK.azw -o Output_name.azw

Note: I extracted the zipped skindle to a directory on my C:drive - that is why you see C:\skindle\skindle...... For those who don't know DOS commands the "C:\skindle\" tells the PC where it can fine the executable program called "skindle" and the parameters such as "-d" are control variables being applied to the program "skindle".

I would double click on an azw file to bring up K 4 PC and this would tell me the name associated with the file name. Then I would have the drm free file outputed as that name.

John

Last edited by jlg432; 06-17-2010 at 12:27 AM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote