Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
dawidwec
dawidwec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
KT doesn't last long in fastboot

As I wrote in topic, I've got a problem with processing my bricked KT into fastboot mode. I'm doing this combination of buttons but when passed into fastboot by mfgtool, it disappears and disconnects in a seconds. Is it because discharged battery or something? When I'm loading this device, this orange light disappears in a few hours after plugging the charger in.
dawidwec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawidwec View Post
As I wrote in topic, I've got a problem with processing my bricked KT into fastboot mode. I'm doing this combination of buttons but when passed into fastboot by mfgtool, it disappears and disconnects in a seconds.
That is perfectly normal, and expected behavior. The Kindle switched from USB downloader mode to fastboot mode.

In that mode, MfgTool is useless - you'll want to use the fastboot executable to interact with the device now.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
dawidwec
dawidwec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Yeah, but when I do the fastboot with mfg, Windows should start looking for drivers and then see the libusb device, but nothing happens in my case. Well I'm confused..

EDIT:
Also, Mfg tells me that KT is in fastboot mode, but when doing things with fastboot exe (diags flash) it just tells me 'waiting for device', so I guess there is a problem with device or drivers..

About Kubrick - it goes with first step, with buttons stuff, but nothing happens on step 2 - I think it was fastboot too.

Last edited by dawidwec; 09-17-2013 at 08:37 PM.
dawidwec is offline   Reply With Quote