Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Edit Metadata Search & Replace

I have recently discovered this feature and it can really help me if I can figure out how to use it. I am trying to get it to edit the title and search and replace a wild card.

Hell's Tempest [Fatefully Yours 4]
Hypnotic Healing [Fatefully Yours 6]
The Hunger [Fatefully Yours 7]

How would I get it to find [Fatefully Yours *] and find all three?

Is there a way I can get it to find anything enclosed in [] ?

Thank you for your help
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You use Regular Expressions. RegExp.

There are a lot of special ways you can match different parts of the title.

Because [ and ] has a special meaning in RegExps you have to "escape" them using a backslash to match them. This will match anything surrounded by []:

\[.*\]

This will match a single digit number:

\d

This will match a number, single digit or multiple digits.

\d+

You group patterns using ( ) so you can reference each matching group by number later. \1, \2 and so on.

In your case you could use this RegExp:

(.*) \[(.*) (\d+)\]

\1 = The part of the title before the [].
\2 = The name of the series.
\3 = The number of the book in the series.
(Not tested...)

There is a lot more to this. Check this thread for an actual example of how to use search and replace using RegExps: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...43#post2242243

Last edited by Adoby; 12-25-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

This worked!! Thank you so much you saved me so much time
Old 12-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
tarisea
Zealot

Ok you did that so awesome can you help me with this:

Demon Warriors 4: Takeo
The Exiled 1: Nazaryth
Brac Pack 17: Carter's Tryck

I want them to read:
Takeo
Nazaryth
Carter's Tryck

Is there a search and replace I can do this all at once?

Thank you again.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
(.*):
Should work
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yes. Or:

(.*) (\d+): (.*)

\1 = Series
\2 = Number of book in series
\3 = Book title
(Not tested)
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
tarisea
Zealot

Helen that worked great thank you. This software is way more powerful than I thought
Old 12-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
tarisea
Zealot

Ok one last one please. This is just saving my life.

Van, Becca - Double E Ranch
Shaw, Christine - River's Pet, Angel
Flynn, Joyee - Lust and Wrath

Should be:
Double E Ranch
River's Pet, Angel
Lust and Wrath

I tried this but it didn't work
(.*), (.*) -

Was I even close?
Old 12-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
Ok one last one please. This is just saving my life.

Van, Becca - Double E Ranch
Shaw, Christine - River's Pet, Angel
Flynn, Joyee - Lust and Wrath

Should be:
Double E Ranch
River's Pet, Angel
Lust and Wrath

I tried this but it didn't work
(.*), (.*) -

Was I even close?
(.+) - (.+) don't use the green if you are just dropping the part before the space dash space

or (.+), (.+) - (.+) might work The first matches around the space dash space. The second matches a Last, First - title
and might be useful if you are also flipping the author to Fn Ln:

\2 \1 with the \3 in the title

Star vs plus: * is zero or more, + plus is one or more.
I only use * when there is a (desired) match of nothing.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote