Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you're just using the K4PC download as a means of getting them into Calibre, they'll show up with the correct author and title in Calibre. Can you explain why it is that you want to rename the actual files?
They download fine into Calibre. I have a Nook HD+ and use kindle for PC. I like knowing the names of the books in the My Kindle Content Folder. It also provides me with a way of making sure I have not missed one.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
They download fine into Calibre. I have a Nook HD+ and use kindle for PC. I like knowing the names of the books in the My Kindle Content Folder. It also provides me with a way of making sure I have not missed one.
Apache
Thanks for that
I am also struggling with adding the author name in the left hand box as FN LN. Downloaded the quality plug in as suggested but don't know what to do with it.
As kindle books are importing as LN FN and I have to change them all.

Last edited by book64; 04-08-2013 at 12:17 PM.
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillganon View Post
You may need to go to your amazon account and instruct the missing books to download to amazon for pc, then go into the kindle for pc on your pc, this should ensure they are downloaded.
You can then go to the My Kindle content in your my documents folder (it may be under Admins docs) The files should be there. Then Open Calibre and get the books from the Kindle folder. Connect your reader and drag the books to the reader icon at the top of the Calibre page.
Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #19
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
In your My Kindle folder the ebook files are saved as-- "B009BVIFA6_EBOK.azw"-the "B009BVIFA6" is the Amazon ASIN number. Just copy/paste that number into the Amazon search box and it will find the ebook.

When you buy a ebook from Amazon just copy the ASIN and title to be able to match the files later.

bernie
Never knew that
Old 04-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
In your My Kindle folder the ebook files are saved as-- "B009BVIFA6_EBOK.azw"-the "B009BVIFA6" is the Amazon ASIN number. Just copy/paste that number into the Amazon search box and it will find the ebook.

When you buy a ebook from Amazon just copy the ASIN and title to be able to match the files later.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
Never knew that

After trying it today, just copy/paste the ASIN in to google--takes you to the Amazon page for that book..

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #21
book64
Love reading

Quote:

After trying it today, just copy/paste the ASIN in to google--takes you to the Amazon page for that book..

bernie
Will try that thanks. Anything to make life easier lol
Old 04-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #22
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I may be doing it all wrong, but:

K4PC sort by most recent
Windows folder sort by modified
Drag last file to Calibre (it will also identify/verify the book for me)
Remove said book from device (I can always redownload it if I really need to)

Keeps number of files in Kindle folder nicely under control. Of course, I caved in only lately and joined amazon, don't have many books there yet (and don't even want Kindle).
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #23
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
I may be doing it all wrong, but:

K4PC sort by most recent
Windows folder sort by modified
Drag last file to Calibre (it will also identify/verify the book for me)
Remove said book from device (I can always redownload it if I really need to)

Keeps number of files in Kindle folder nicely under control. Of course, I caved in only lately and joined amazon, don't have many books there yet (and don't even want Kindle).
Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #24
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
You have to open Kindle for PC for the books to download. I open Kindle for PC and let it find the newest books. Then I right click on them and choose download. After closing Kindle for PC I open My Kindle Content Folder and rename the files the book title. I then open Calibre and convert them.
Apache
I have found this tip very handy thanks
However when I add them to Calibre I still get LN FN in the author box.
So have to edit for a second time.
Everybody on the forum helpfully suggests how to change this But I can't seem to figure it out
Old 04-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #25
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
I have found this tip very handy thanks
However when I add them to Calibre I still get LN FN in the author box.
So have to edit for a second time.
Everybody on the forum helpfully suggests how to change this But I can't seem to figure it out
Preferences > Adding Books - tick the box for 'Swap author firstname and lastname'
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #26
book64
Love reading

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Preferences > Adding Books - tick the box for 'Swap author firstname and lastname'
Thanks
Looked where the box is But it says swap author first name and last name
But not which way round lol
I want it to be First Name Last name
But it must be set up that way (which is the default,how can I tell?) as most of my books import in that way.

It is mainly all the kindle ones that don't Even after re naming them.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #27
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I believe it has something to do with mobi itself, which declares that author is LN, FN and refuses to acknowledge any other possibilities. So any other program reading mobi and asking for author's names gets it in the order mobi has them in its metadata - LN,FN. And as it will not be proper mobi if the names are swapped around, the mobi-making programs won't even dream of it.

I don't think it's possible to tell Calibre to swap only authors from mobi/azw files and let the others be.

I have to edit the metadata after adding a book anyway, and once in a while make search for authors with commas.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #28
pwrgrl
pwrgrl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, nook, ipad
I'm having trouble transferring books from Amazon to Calibre. I just bought a book, chose the K4PC option (and it loaded fine in the Kindle app) but when I try to add into Calibre, I keep getting the following error message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	K4PC snip.PNG
Views:	271
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	104334

I have added my Kindle SN (which I think should work instead of a PID) and repeatedly get this message for any azw file. Is it a plug-in problem? I checked the device interface plug-in and this file should be recognized. I have repeatedly had issues with books from Amazon and none from any other source. I'd appreciate any insight!
pwrgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Time to head to where the plugin came from and ask for help there... Alf to the rescue
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #30
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
I believe it has something to do with mobi itself, which declares that author is LN, FN and refuses to acknowledge any other possibilities. So any other program reading mobi and asking for author's names gets it in the order mobi has them in its metadata - LN,FN. And as it will not be proper mobi if the names are swapped around, the mobi-making programs won't even dream of it.

I don't think it's possible to tell Calibre to swap only authors from mobi/azw files and let the others be.

I have to edit the metadata after adding a book anyway, and once in a while make search for authors with commas.

Thank you Its just such a pain if I add lots of kindle books at a time
Seem to spend longer organising them in Calibre than reading sometimes!
All my Epubs are no problem.
Was hoping for a quick easy solution.

Last edited by book64; 04-14-2013 at 05:04 AM.