Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #16
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Well, I finished Exiles in one long final reading session. The book was virtually impossible to put down during the last quarter of the story.

When I did finish, I wanted more. To me that is the sign of great writing, a great story and great characters.

Highly recommended!

Now when does the second book in the trilogy come out?
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #17
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Howdy, as a fellow Sci-fi author, just wanted to say Hi and say I love your cover image and the story idea. When I get the time, I'll be reading it. Glad it's doing so well!
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:31 AM   #18
dworth
Zealot
dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pc
Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I'm currently working on the sequel, provisionally entitled 'Renegades'. The first draft is about three quarters finished so I'm hoping to get it out there later this year if I'm happy with it. (Once I've finished swearing at it, hitting it with hammers and err... other 'fine tuning')
dworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:28 AM   #19
WarsawPact
WarsawPact began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Wow

I was led to a free sampling of Exiles after entering a kindle search for terms completely unrelated to the content or purpose of your novel. I have read only science and history for about twenty years now based upon the axiom that truth is stranger and more exciting than fiction. I grew up on Heinlein, Clarke, and Burroughs, though, for the twenty before that so I am no stranger to science fiction and it is my flavor of fiction if I were to read fiction again.

But!

I am thoroughly enjoying the first few chapters of what I'm reading! I will be purchasing the rest of this book and its successors. You are putting the universe of your novel together using subtle ingredients of environment that so many others would brush over lightly. You're putting me there. In addition, your characters are speaking to me with real voices and images, which means that you are not lost in dealing with the sentient (not just human factors.

I am feeling that your writing is mid-way between the pace of Burroughs and the depth of Heinlein and is making best use of its position. If this is self-publishing then please, continue! I have lost much time in the last three nights reading my mobile phone's kindle app rather than getting my sleep in a timely manner...

WarsawPact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #20
dworth
Zealot
dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you! Book Three is in the works.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #21
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good news, looking forward to it
Old 10-30-2011, 11:52 PM   #22
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Sounds pretty neat. I've put it on my to-buy list at Kobobooks.com
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #23
WarsawPact
WarsawPact began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Wow Part II

I am at 95% of Renegades, and I am about to have that look of desperation. Would there be an estimate of Part III's arrival at this time? I consider this to be some of the most enjoyable reading I have had in many years.

I could easily see how this could become a well-done mini-series. You take the time to tell your story instead of artificially constraining your narrative like every medium outside self-publishing forces one to do. Others may have complained about length, but isn't the point of a journey the traveling?

Your universe is alive, I am able to travel there, and it has the detail that I would expect and remember if I had traveled there - both in events and scenery. That is outstanding. I think your fulfillment of my desire in science fiction to see all things contemporaneous to a technology and time like that integrated into a whole is my greatest reward in reading it.

Your universe is rich with possibility, and I'd like to consider myself your greatest fan.
WarsawPact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #24
sabredog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarsawPact View Post
I am at 95% of Renegades, and I am about to have that look of desperation.
I know how you feel
Old 03-30-2012, 02:27 AM   #25
ruralreader
ruralreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
Thanks for bringing this thread up WarsawPact. Was looking for something to read so bought Exiles and loving it. I'm not even being annoyed by the editing niggles.
ruralreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #26
dworth
Zealot

Thanks guys, it's very much appreciated. I'm hoping to get part 3 out in the latter half of this year. I've passed the 170,000 word mark, so I'm getting there.

Last edited by dworth; 03-31-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #27
dworth
Zealot

Just to let you know I've just finished the first draft of Progeny, Book Three of the Progenitor Trilogy. I need a lie down...
Old 08-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #28
sabredog

Nice work Dan, A well earned rest is due now

Tags
sci-fi, science fiction, space opera