Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Trouble with Wifi

Is anyone else experiencing the problem of connecting with wifi today? I was able to connect yesterday today I cant. I did make sure that my router was reset and working correctly. Firmware 2.6.1b

Just wondered if anyone else had an issue?

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I seldom connect my Kobo but I did this afternoon and had no problems getting on, and it actually completed sync. Although it's currently frozen LOL. I guess I'll have to restart it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I seldom connect my Kobo but I did this afternoon and had no problems getting on, and it actually completed sync. Although it's currently frozen LOL. I guess I'll have to restart it.
Well I am resetting things cause this is strange.... so not sure if the issue is related to the glo/aura as both don't connect. or just dumb ass luck.

regards

Jack
Old 07-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you try any other devices, are they connecting to your wifi?

I had to do a pin hole reset....the only reason I wanted to sync was in hopes of getting the new firmware. No idea if that came over or not, yet, as it's restarting, or frozen again, so maybe it's updating or something.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
jackastor
Wizard

WiFi issue resolved, Not a Kobo bug!

Quote:
Did you try any other devices, are they connecting to your wifi?

I had to do a pin hole reset....the only reason I wanted to sync was in hopes of getting the new firmware. No idea if that came over or not, yet, as it's restarting, or frozen again, so maybe it's updating or something.
Yes as a matter of fact, I did try and all connected. However after successfully connecting to my iPhone 5 with no issues. I decided to recheck the connections of the router. I have now reset the router and reset it up all devices are connecting correctly now. I suspect a change in the router was the root cause of this issue. Btw the update I got was 2.6.1 not the new one either.

regards

Jack
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Well I got a frozen device. Darn it. I swear I will never turn the wifi on again. I mean it, this time!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Well I got a frozen device. Darn it. I swear I will never turn the wifi on again. I mean it, this time!
You know since the update to 2.6.1 came down I have never been able to do a successful sync on my Aura it takes forever....... wait that's not true I have had one good sync several hours after I started the sync it completed had to turn screen saver mode off and power off mode off, to get this to happen.

I hope that this supposed new update will address these issues.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

This was the first time I got a completed sync. It finally finished whatever it was doing...and it's still 2.6.1. Grrr.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There were issues with sync and 2.6.1; something would cause nickel (the main application on the Kobo) to crash during the sync procedure. This has been resolved with 2.8.1.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There were issues with sync and 2.6.1; something would cause nickel (the main application on the Kobo) to crash during the sync procedure. This has been resolved with 2.8.1.
Well that's good news then. Now where the heck is 2.8.1 lol......

regards

Jack
Old 07-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, no luck with that, yet?
Old 07-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #12
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
No 2.8.1 here yet either! I'm waiting for someone to catch the firmware and post it...
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #13
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
Same here. I wish Kobo would just provide direct download links. Lame.
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 AM   #14
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Well, not necessarily. They don't support or recommend sideloading firmware, and there can be small differences between devices that mean loading the wrong firmware could be a disaster. If they provided the download links, they'd probably be expected to support them. Sure, there are disclaimers and potential ways around it, but how watertight that is legally is anyone's guess.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #15
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Well, not necessarily. They don't support or recommend sideloading firmware, and there can be small differences between devices that mean loading the wrong firmware could be a disaster. If they provided the download links, they'd probably be expected to support them. Sure, there are disclaimers and potential ways around it, but how watertight that is legally is anyone's guess.
You know if they did supply a download link its not sideloading when someone loads a firmware direct from kobo. This sideloading crap is basically just bs that some one made up to justify calling it sideloading. plain and simple.

regards

Jack