Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #706
ksiflhjla8
Connoisseur
ksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I do not think it fits in with what I see as their goal for the devices.
I think you should leave that to them.
ksiflhjla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #707
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
but your only saying that to be contrary.we have no evidence you don't use folder support.we don't have any independent evidence you don't.

in any case if you don't want to use don't use it but stop denying us folk who do want it.

Why are you denying to people who want it?

by denying us you are only making us sad,frustrated and morose.

Do you like making people sad,frustrated and morose?

Do you get pleasure from this?
Do you know to read? Where have I said anything about Kobo adding it or not? I was answering about your assumption you know what I want (everybody -including me- want folders).
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #708
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksiflhjla8 View Post
I think you should leave that to them.
In the same way you are? In any case, I do leave it to them. As I don't work for them, I have no choice. But, I do watch what they do and form an opinion on what is happening. This is my opinion.

And like you and others, I do make suggestions on what I think could be added to the devices to improve them. I would like to see a series list or at least a way to sort by series in the list. Either of those would be much more useful to me than a file browser. Do I expect to see them? No to the series list, but I am hopeful on the sort. The title sort did actually sort this way at one point, so I know they have the code and I hope they bring it back.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #709
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
In the same way you are? In any case, I do leave it to them. As I don't work for them, I have no choice. But, I do watch what they do and form an opinion on what is happening. This is my opinion.

And like you and others, I do make suggestions on what I think could be added to the devices to improve them. I would like to see a series list or at least a way to sort by series in the list. Either of those would be much more useful to me than a file browser. Do I expect to see them? No to the series list, but I am hopeful on the sort. The title sort did actually sort this way at one point, so I know they have the code and I hope they bring it back.
So do I.

And I would also be happy if they had a file browser, on top of other browsing possibilities, the already existing ones and others.

Don't misunderstand me : I would not use a file browser. So personally, I don't mind not having one now.

But if it makes other customers happy, or if it turns potential customers into new customers, then it is a win-win situation, isn't it ? Regarding the "limited resources Kobo have for development", how limited are they exactly ? Do we have the figures ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #710
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
So do I.

And I would also be happy if they had a file browser, on top of other browsing possibilities, the already existing ones and others.

Don't misunderstand me : I would not use a file browser. So personally, I don't mind not having one now.

But if it makes other customers happy, or if it turns potential customers into new customers, then it is a win-win situation, isn't it ?
True. But, there is always priorities of what the company wants to do and limited resources (time, money, people etc) to do them.
Quote:
Regarding the "limited resources Kobo have for development", how limited are they exactly ? Do we have the figures ?
I don't know. My experience as an application developer is that there is never enough people to do the work in the time available. I am sure that Kobo fix and feature list will whatever size development team they have completely occupied for some time to come.
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #711
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
True. But, there is always priorities of what the company wants to do and limited resources (time, money, people etc) to do them.

I don't know. My experience as an application developer is that there is never enough people to do the work in the time available. I am sure that Kobo fix and feature list will whatever size development team they have completely occupied for some time to come.
if it can be done for a cheap $10 chinese mp3 player why not for the kobo?

i mean it is not rocket science and the limited resources argument s not valid.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #712
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksiflhjla8 View Post
How does folder browsing support hurt those who don't use it?
Nobody AFAIK is saying they are against it, they/I just have no personal desire to have it.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #713
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Nobody AFAIK is saying they are against it, they/I just have no personal desire to have it.

Helen
Well I'm against it! Mainly because I think it would take development resources away from more important things (i.e. bug fixing).

There's already a solution, Shelves, that goes part way to doing what folders offer. Admittedly Shelves could be improved upon (i.e. nesting shelves would be handy) but it does offer a way to organise your ebook collection.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #714
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Well I'm against it! Mainly because I think it would take development resources away from more important things (i.e. bug fixing).

There's already a solution, Shelves, that goes part way to doing what folders offer. Admittedly Shelves could be improved upon (i.e. nesting shelves would be handy) but it does offer a way to organise your ebook collection.
Aww, you are just trying to make poor Vugtitan more morose.

I am not totalyy sure there is any bug fixing going on to take away from.

Helen
Old 06-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #715
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I am not totalyy sure there is any bug fixing going on to take away from.
You will be happy to know that there is. Whether its bugs you want fixed, that's a different matter
Old 06-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #716
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
You will be happy to know that there is. Whether its bugs you want fixed, that's a different matter
We should have a thread pointing out the actual bugs that Kobo has fixed
Might boost morale.

I am not all that bothered by the actual bugs, so what if the books open at random pages, and the slide bar hops around. Even the double page turns and weird page flashes do not upset me unduly, and the inept sorting of numeric values is kind of an amusing blast from the long distant past

I just want my shelves to open in a timely manner. This is not really a bug but an inefficiency as they do actually open eventually.

Oh well whine whine, snivel snivel

Helen
Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #717
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Yours doesn't have one of those already?
Hmmm, that might explain why mine is the only Glo I've ever seen with an earphone jack and metallic headphones...

Seriously, if the time and effort expended discussing\demanding a file browser had been spent importing the files to Calibre and editing metadata for shelves they'd still have time for a cuppa.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #718
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Hmmm, that might explain why mine is the only Glo I've ever seen with an earphone jack and metallic headphones...

Seriously, if the time and effort expended discussing\demanding a file browser had been spent importing the files to Calibre and editing metadata for shelves they'd still have time for a cuppa.
They may be too morose to make tea.

Helen
Old 06-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #719
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
We should have a thread pointing out the actual bugs that Kobo has fixed
Might boost morale.
Or going through the bug listing threads and marking them as fixed. Actually, that would be pretty depressing. I generally post a list of the bugs and changes I
Quote:
I am not all that bothered by the actual bugs, so what if the books open at random pages, and the slide bar hops around. Even the double page turns and weird page flashes do not upset me unduly, and the inept sorting of numeric values is kind of an amusing blast from the long distant past

I just want my shelves to open in a timely manner. This is not really a bug but an inefficiency as they do actually open eventually.
Are you on 2.6.1? That seems a lot faster to list the shelves. But, it still could be improved.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #720
theonna
One
theonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony, Kindle,Pocketbook, Nook...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post

But if we had a file browser, we'd not need Calibre, manual editing data for shelves and we'd have by far more time for a cuppa or something stronger.
You see, having it saves people who already have their collections organized in file structure time and effort.
Also depending on the size of your collection, Calibreing and Metadataing takes quite a lot of time.
theonna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo