Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Talking ebooks on more than one sdcard

Will the reader keep track of them if you have your books on several cards? I have heard that with more than 150 books on the device, it gets awfully slow, and I am nearing the 100 mark, I wonder If I could use more than one card.
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Paul--Each time you switch cards, the reader will re-create it's index. So, if you have a large amount of books on your cards, it could take awhile to start up after you first put a card in.

That said, I have about 200 books on the internal memory and don't notice my reader being slow at all. I think the slowness people are referring to is what happens when they first start the reader up after changing the contents on it.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #3
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Quote:
I think the slowness people are referring to is what happens when they first start the reader up after changing the contents on it.
Yes I have noticed that. doesn't bother me though, I just set it aside, work on my computer a little longer , and then it's ready. I generally download a file, alter it the way I prefer and then recompile it using Calbre's command line tools. i just do them in batches of three or four.

So what you are saying is like if i have about a 100 books on each card, there will be a little delay while the 505 recreates a database of the books when I change cards?
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote