Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How good a bargain is this?

Came across someone on eBay selling eBookwise units with cracked glass (but not broken LCD) for $10 + $12 shipping.

Assuming the units worked apart from that, how much would it cost to get the glass replaced and get a charger? (Do they use a standard size charger such as could be got at Wal-Mart?)
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
umm

I would say no, because apparently the power cord uses an unusual configuration if I remember right?

The screen is not just glass, its a touch screen, so I am guessing that would be more spendy than just a piece of glass or plastic.

Since you can buy an unbroken one for under $100 or so off ebay (if I remember right) I would spend a bit more rather than trying to repair one, unless you just love to repair stuff.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 AM   #3
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
I too would say no unless you are a gambler. You'd probably have to get several readers to piece together one that worked.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote