Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Samsung Galaxy SIII unveiled May 3rd

Quote:
After months of rumors Samsung has officially announced the world will meet the next Galaxy phone in London on May 3rd...
Source

Very sketchy info at the time, but with just over 2 weeks to go, more info is bound to surface.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I'm very interested in this phone. So far the Galaxy S, SII have been excellent models I'm wondering how the SIII can improve on it w/o the obvious spec bumps.

While I don't prefer any manufacture over another, it just seems Samsung keeps on making the pones I like.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same here. My phone is getting too old, and I passed on the Galaxy Nexus for several reasons, but the SIII might be the one. I heard Samsung intends to make it available in several countries at the same time, so hopefully it won't be too long before it comes to Canada.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
My contract ends in June I am either getting this or the note. Galaxy S was first released in Singapore so I expect it to release here in the first batch of countries. Samsung major phone usually have specs that don't get outdated that quickly. Even galaxy S that is almost 2 years old is still quite good.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin

Some more news:

Quote:
We've also confirmed with our source that the global version of the device will feature a quad-core processor, matching up with earlier rumors. "Expect superlative benchmark performance," we're told, which comes as no big surprise considering that the dual-core Exynos processor found in many versions of last year's Galaxy S II were benchmark leaders.
Source
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
afv011
Captain Penguin

More info keeps surfacing:
  • 4.6-inch 720p Super AMOLED (Plus?) screen at 320ppi
  • Android 4.0.3 with TouchWIZ
  • 1.4Ghz quad-core Exynos processor
  • 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (microSD card slot, too!)
  • 8MP camera w/ LED flash, 1080p video capabilities
  • 2050mAh battery
  • NFC support

Source
Old 04-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice specs, I'm hoping those thin bezel prototypes have substance to them.. I'd like to see a phone with no physical buttons on the front.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Nice specs, I'm hoping those thin bezel prototypes have substance to them.. I'd like to see a phone with no physical buttons on the front.
Yes, no physical front buttons would be nice; it's the only thing I dislike from the One-X. Other rumours point to these specs pertaining to the Galaxy M instead of the SIII; I guess we'll know for sure soon enough.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'm looking forward to the next offering from Samsung. While I like having some physical buttons on the front, I wouldn't mind seeing a handset without them.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard

The plot thickens. The S3 has been caught in the wild, but ....

Quote:
There's an iffy plastic rim surrounding to the whole device that has apparently been added not to ruin the surprise of how the device looks ahead of its official launch. While we've seen some similar hardware leaks already, this video makes a very strong case for it being the real deal. more from Engadget
Old 04-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #11
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
More info keeps surfacing:
  • 4.6-inch 720p Super AMOLED (Plus?) screen at 320ppi
  • Android 4.0.3 with TouchWIZ
  • 1.4Ghz quad-core Exynos processor
  • 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (microSD card slot, too!)
  • 8MP camera w/ LED flash, 1080p video capabilities
  • 2050mAh battery
  • NFC support

Source
Where can I get a gander at one of the AMOLED screens I keep hearing about?
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:06 AM   #12
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
The Galaxy S2 has a Super AMOLED Plus display. I think every carrier has it or has their own branded version of the Galaxy S2 by now so you can just head on over to the nearest carrier store for hands-on testing.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #13
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Seaking's 7" tab plus should have that screen already. I have seen LCD and SuperAmoled Plus side by side in the store. What I have noticed is that the colors of the Amoled always seem way over saturated. I guess they do that on purpose for the display units to highlight the difference, but I have no idea if you can tone it down to a more natural level.

Last edited by HansTWN; 04-21-2012 at 04:27 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I have seen LCD and SuperAmoled Plus side by side in the store. What I have noticed is that the colors of the Amoled always seem way over saturated.
Same here. I dislike Super AMOLED. Everything just looks so unnatural.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I'm very pleased with the display on my SGP4; it's better than my iPt4.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote