Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #16
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik -- I bought it and thought the font was too tiny to read and put it aside. I haven't opened it since I redownloaded it after Sony switched to epub. It even went free for a while and I felt bad about paying for it and not reading it.

Another one (bought at the same time) is World Without End by Ken Follett. I really liked The Pillars of the Earth -- read as a paper book -- but haven't been able to get past the first few pages even after several attempts. I keep trying though since the reviews assure me that I will love it!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I read His Majesty's Dragon recently and I loved it. I got the ebook while it was free, shortly BEFORE I got my ereader a few years ago. I don't know what caused me to finally read it, nothing else was capturing my interest. Anyway I'm really glad I finally read it!

And I just walked by a big hardcover copy of World Without End on the sidewalk in my neighborhood today... and I kept right on walking, didn't even pick it up to look at it. I haven't read the first one.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Outlander

eP
That's a good one to procrastinate on. Well to be fair, it's a good one to delete.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #19
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I read His Majesty's Dragon recently and I loved it. I got the ebook while it was free, shortly BEFORE I got my ereader a few years ago. I don't know what caused me to finally read it, nothing else was capturing my interest. Anyway I'm really glad I finally read it!
eP
I enjoyed the first couple of books in the series, but then it got too political and social-message-y for my tastes, and so I dropped it.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #20
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I keep avoiding A Confederacy of Dunces. I gave up 50 pages in and deleted it in disgust. Then Audible had the audiobook free so I picked that up and my husband loved it, but I still can't bring myself to go there.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
Danskeron
Danskeron began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Historical novels are my procrastination read. Took me a month to get through Catherine the Great, and I'm stilling finishing up Jerusalem and Founding Gardeners from March. I love reading them (especially enjoying Founding Gardeners with a different perspective on Washington, Franklin, Jefferson and Monroe), but I can only read these books for an hour or two in one sitting.
Truman, Churchill, Lincoln, FDR - all just took forever.
Yet, I can curl up with the hunger games and finish it in an afternoon. Go figure.
Danskeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:53 AM   #22
sapphiresilver
Connoisseur
sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Oasis 2, Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro
I have 1Q84 and A Fire Upon The Deep sitting on my Kindle. Hopefully I'll get to them sometime soon. I seriously need to buy less ebooks and catch up on my TBR list.
sapphiresilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #23
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Who Killed Society? by Cleveland Amory.

I was reminded by another thread where someone took a swipe at the "society" in which "we" allegedly live. However, this may have nothing to do with the book. Anyway, it has always seemed to me a great title.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 04-26-2012 at 06:41 AM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #24
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
The longer the book, the more likely I'm to postpone reading it. At the top of my 'postponed' list is Atlas Shrugged.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #25
Jazzy_Jeffaz
Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Jazzy_Jeffaz is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
You people that are putting off reading the Song of Ice and Fire series need to get on the ball.

It's a huge series, and you'll probably be reading it for months (it took me nine months, but I was also reading other things along with it), but it's so good. You will fall in love with the characters and not want it to end. I finished the fifth book earlier this month and now I'm contemplating re-reading from the beginning because it's that entertaining.
I just started the series myself. I am almost half way through the first book and I am enjoying it immensely. Can't wait for the other books.
Jazzy_Jeffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
The longer the book, the more likely I'm to postpone reading it. At the top of my 'postponed' list is Atlas Shrugged.
That's another one to put off until you get to deleting it.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #27
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's another one to put off until you get to deleting it.
Seriously. I started reading it last summer, made it about a quarter of the way through, and then gave up. Nothing happened, and there were zero likable characters.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #28
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. I still haven't read it after knowing about it for a good twenty-five years. It's on my list to read this year and would finish off my decade challenge, but I still haven't picked it up.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #29
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
The Color of Magic - I just can't get into it.

Neverwhere and everything else by Neil Gaiman.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
The Color of Magic - I just can't get into it.
Give this another go and even if it's not catching on, keep at it as the series does get better. Trust me on this.