Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
Barcelona
Barcelona began at the beginning.

Device: none
Flightcrew says Errors, but Sigil says no Errors…

Hi !
I continue on this thread a discussion I started on Sigil blog :
Quote:
I have a question about Flightcrew : is the verification tool in Sigil 0.5 more recent and powerful than Flightcrew 0.7.2 stand-alone ?

Because I have an .epub file in wich FC 0.7.2 stand-alone finds errors (fonts resource present in the OPF , but it's not reachable (it's unused).), but for wich Sigil 0.5 says No problem !

So, wich verification tool shoud we use ?
John’s reply :
Quote:
Sigil 0.5.0 uses FC 0.7.2. Most likely Sigil is fixing some issues with the EPUB (it runs the text sections through Tidy) when opening it.
So here is my question :
But the two buttons (tidy and auto-correct) are always disabled on my configuration… So Sigil is not supposed to correct anything, right ?
So, I don’t understand why FC stand-alone says Errors with font unused (but they are ! And I don’t see any errors in my code !), and FC in Sigil says No Errors…

Is there a bug in FC-stand alone ?
Barcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Barcelona

It seems FC is very boggus when there are fonts embedded in the epub…
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Actually, having the buttons off does not stop Sigil to make some structural changes when needed to deliver a structurally correct ePUB. Have you tried open the ePUB in Sigil (validation: no problems), save and run the validation through FC.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
Barcelona

Yes, of course, as all my epubs are done with Sigil !
For exemple, the file I attach here : it validates in Sigil, but not in FC stand-alone.
And I absolutely don’t know why…
Attached Files
File Type: epub essai_Gentium.epub (106.2 KB, 351 views)
Old 02-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

OK, I confirm : there is something buggy.
I too have an epub, with font included, wich gives different validation results between FC stand-alone and FC-in-Sigil.
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert