Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Two questions about kindle touch.

Hi, I wanted to ask two questions about the kindle touch, to help me:

Is possible to change the font in kindle touch? With hack, or editing the file reader or plug-in in calibre?

Is the screen similar to the Kindle 3? or some of there are worst like something happen in the non touch kindle.

thanks for your Attention
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
At least the reader.prefs font hack is gone. The file is no longer there, or accessible.

The screen is the same AFAICT on K3, KNT, and K4. You'll see reports to the contrary, but I think it can be attributed to variation between units, and the vagaries of human perception (due to different bezel color). There are going to be 'bad' screens, the solution is to exchange if you get one.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your answer.

The "problem" for exchange is that I live in Europe, and I must purchase this in ebay, so I can't exchange easily

Very bad news isn't possible change fonts, I really love Amasis.

thanks again
Old 11-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Thanks for your answer.

The "problem" for exchange is that I live in Europe, and I must purchase this in ebay, so I can't exchange easily

Very bad news isn't possible change fonts, I really love Amasis.

thanks again
I think it is likely to be available in Europe before too long (once they add localized menus etc.)
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
ersott
Evangelist

I think so too, but I sold my k3 and doubt between KT and T1.

I like both. :-P
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #6
ersott
Evangelist

Do you think, in the next future, we will be able to change the font in kindle touch?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Do you think, in the next future, we will be able to change the font in kindle touch?
I think there will be a walkaround in the next months. (Hi, ersott). Once Amazon launches the KF8 format, you will be able to embed fonts in your books, (hopefully, somebody is going to provided us with an application to do so).

P.S. I just remembered that you can change the font with Calibre without a hack. I don't know is that works on the Kindle Touch though. I haven't tried it myself on my Kindle. Here's the thread . Look up the section: Modify Kindle Settings such as Margins and Fonts.

Last edited by thebestjeter; 12-01-2011 at 10:39 AM.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjeter View Post
P.S. I just remembered that you can change the font with Calibre without a hack. I don't know is that works on the Kindle Touch though. I haven't tried it myself on my Kindle. Here's the thread . Look up the section: Modify Kindle Settings such as Margins and Fonts.
Unfortunately this doesn't work on the Kindle Touch The only thing I don't like about my KT is that the margins are too wide and there's no way to change them.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
ersott
Evangelist

Thanks for your thougths (hi thebestejer )

Joehunt, you got all kind of readers that existing in the world

Whats your favourite? just curiosity...
Old 12-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #10
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Thanks for your thougths (hi thebestejer )

Joehunt, you got all kind of readers that existing in the world

Whats your favourite? just curiosity...
My favorite is always my newest, so at the moment it's the Kindle Touch
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote