Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Zippity
Beginner
Zippity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (SWMBO) & Kindle Touch (Me)
Which thread have I posted in?

How do I view and keep up to date with any threads I have posted in?

Is there an icon that appears that tells me this?
Zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
If you click on your User CP (upper left hand corner of the tool bar) you will see a list of the topics that you have posted in where someone has responded.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Click your username in the top right hand side of the page. It'll say "Welcome, *your name*."

You'll see a box with tabs that say "Visitor Messages, About Me, Statistics, Friends, and Contact Info." Click Statistics. Then you'll see "Find all posts by *your name"". Click that. And you'll find yourself at this page.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...archid=5787133
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
You can also subscribe to your (or any other) threads by clicking the THREAD TOOLS tab then Subscribe. You will then get emails to notify you of any updates.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
Zippity
Beginner

So unlike many other forums, there is no obvious indicator on the front page of each sub forum to indicate that I have posted in a thread?
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
On the upper blue tool bar, click "New Posts" (third from left), then click "Your Posts".
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
So unlike many other forums, there is no obvious indicator on the front page of each sub forum to indicate that I have posted in a thread?
User CP --> Your Control Panel --> Settings & Options --> Edit Options --> Messaging & Notification --> Default Thread Subscription Mode --> choose "No email notification".

Whenever you open a sub-forum, a list of threads appears. Under the "Rating" column in the gray tool bar above the threads, a small blue square will indicate all threads you've posted in.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you are looking at the list of threads in a sub-forum, there is a small, specific icon right-justified to the right of each heading indicating if you have "subscribed" to a thread, which by default happens when you post to a thread unless you have changed the default (see attached).

As others have specified, your User Control Panel (User CP) will also list all threads you have subscribed to which have received new replies. It's actually my default bookmark for MobileRead and is the same for everyone:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/usercp.php

If you want to look at all threads to which you've subscribed, whether they have new posts or not, there is a link down the left of your User Control Panel called "List Subscriptions". You can go straight there with this link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sub...ewsubscription

Note that you can also get to that point from the "Quick Links" pull-down meny at the top of every forum page (the item "Subscribed Threads").

If you wish to change the default behaviour for what happens when you post to a thread (whether it automatically subscribes you, sends you an email, et cetera), you can find that under "Edit Options" in your User CP. A direct link is here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pro...do=editoptions
(It's under "Messaging & Notification", and second sub-box down, called "Default Thread Subscription Mode").

Cheers,
Marc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CapturFiles.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	81491  
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
Zippity
Beginner

Thanks all
Old 01-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I have another question. When I'm on the forum front page, clicking on a thread name takes me to MY last unread message in that thread. But when I'm in a forum, clicking on a thread name takes me to the first message in the thread. Is there any way to go to my last unread message (since I know this is being tracked)?

Thanks,
eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Click on the blue box next to the title. If you are already in the topic, there is a box for last unread post.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #12
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Thank you thank you! For some reason, I have tried clicking on the blue box in the ratings area many times, and I had never tried clicking on the blue box to the LEFT of the title!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
User CP --> Your Control Panel --> Settings & Options --> Edit Options --> Messaging & Notification --> Default Thread Subscription Mode --> choose "No email notification".

Whenever you open a sub-forum, a list of threads appears. Under the "Rating" column in the gray tool bar above the threads, a small blue square will indicate all threads you've posted in.
Strange that is how my settings are but I don't have that blue square. Oh well lol never knew I was missing out.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote