Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Proust, Marcel: Within a Budding Grove, v.1.5, 24 Dec 2007

Here's Proust's 'Within a Budding Grove' - the second volume of 'Remembrance of Things Past' in the C K Scott Moncrieff translation.

I've added a TOC, a picture, and done a lot of formatting. This afternoon I examined 2024 hyphens and changed a fair number of them into emdashes. Unfortunately, these don't show up as well as they should on the Reader. I've also removed some obvious transcription errors. It was a labour of love.

I'n now likely to re-edit some of my earlier uploads, then will try the next in the series.

Plot
Swann has (surprisingly) married Odette and we see their home life. They have a daughter, Gilberte, who becomes a friend of the young narrator. He visits the theatre and sees Berma in Racine's 'Phedre'. He also spend the summer at the seaside in Brittany with his grandmother. Here he makes the acquaintance of the Baron Charlus, Robert de Saint-Loup and a band of young girls. He is particularly taken with Albertine and attempts to kiss her. All these people will become important to him in later life.

24 Dec 2007.
I am posting a completely new version. This corrects a number of typos, and has accents restored, emdashes, curly quotes and better italics.
Please pm me if you find anything else that needs correcting.

I have transcribed the first two volumes of this series and hope to do the rest before long. In the meantime, try the version at feedbooks.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Within A Budding Grove.lrf (693.5 KB, 1198 views)

Last edited by Patricia; 12-23-2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: New version uploaded.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie
The Alternative doesn't litterThe Alternative doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (x's 2), PRS-505, PRS-600, iPhone, iPad
Smile Thanks Patricia!

As a lover of Proust I have only one thing to say to you....

my, you are ambitious!
The Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Patricia, are you set in Book Designer to properly import emdashes or have -- converted to emdashes on loading? I have Book Designer set that very way.What I can do is post the 2 files needed and directions where they go and how to use them to sort out this issue if you like.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
Patricia, are you set in Book Designer to properly import emdashes or have -- converted to emdashes on loading? I have Book Designer set that very way.What I can do is post the 2 files needed and directions where they go and how to use them to sort out this issue if you like.
Yes, please. Do show me how to do this. I've downloaded 'The Guermantes Way' and would like to save some labour.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
LauretteBradley
Enthusiast
LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle reader on iPad and iPhone
Patricia,

THANK YOU! I just discovered your two Prousts and I look forward to reading them. This is a great service!
LauretteBradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
This one's my favorite. "The Guermantes Way" is pretty boring compared with all these talks... Translating Proust must be a real nightmare !
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #7
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Every books from In Search of Lost Time/Remembrance of Things Past are available for your e-ink readers on Feedbooks now: http://www.feedbooks.com/list/view/10
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:28 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader

New version uploaded.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
woohoo
woohoo began at the beginning.

Device: android/fbreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Every books from In Search of Lost Time/Remembrance of Things Past are available for your e-ink readers on Feedbooks now: http://www.feedbooks.com/list/view/10
The new link which works on feedbooks is:

http://www.feedbooks.com/list/2632/i...h-of-lost-time
woohoo is offline   Reply With Quote