Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
janjanjan
Enthusiast
janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook ST Glow
I'm missing something here...

I own 2 nooks and love them. But, I'm now trying to read Wool on the Nook. It is available from Amazon as a Kindle book. What is the exact process that I would use to get the book from Amazon, convert it to epub and transfer it to my Nook?

I found the book on Amazon, selected it for download, and now the book (free) is showing as available in my cloud. I don't want it there; I want it on my Nook. I assumed I could easily download it to my laptop and from there convert it to an epub and transfer it. Am I just wrong here? How, if possible, would I go about this?
janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Since Wool is DRM free you don't have to worry about DRM. Install Kindle for PC (or Mac) and use that to download the book. The book will end up in Documents in a folder called My Kindle Content you can pop the book into Calibre and convert to ePub there in a few seconds.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by janjanjan View Post
I own 2 nooks and love them. But, I'm now trying to read Wool on the Nook. It is available from Amazon as a Kindle book. What is the exact process that I would use to get the book from Amazon, convert it to epub and transfer it to my Nook?

I found the book on Amazon, selected it for download, and now the book (free) is showing as available in my cloud. I don't want it there; I want it on my Nook. I assumed I could easily download it to my laptop and from there convert it to an epub and transfer it. Am I just wrong here? How, if possible, would I go about this?
Why do you not buy the Nook version?
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
If the book is drm-free, you can use Calibre to convert it from azw to epub and then put it on your Nook.
if it has drm, then thats more complicated. It can be done but I dont think we are allowed to discuss that on these forums.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote