Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #46
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FYI, if you want any books you might get to be on your regular Baen ebook account be sure to sign up with the same email addy as your ebook account.
The account doesn't matter. When you check out, you enter the gift code you are emailed (which you can use yourself or send to someone else.

I just have one city core -- is a second one a project of level 6? I've been wasting money (and time) re-arranging my assets, so the very high/cycle assets and those that I'll want to surge are on the quick charge or close by and the ones I don't want to keep (but could not sell) are in a bottom corner or around the core for it's next upgrade (which will be two cycles from now, when I'll have enough cash).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:00 AM   #47
Codetoad13
Codetoad13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Just started. My name is Marlowe York
Codetoad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #48
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
I joined as Iphinome. Go team mobileread.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:19 AM   #49
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I signed up as Francis7. I'm currently working on upgrading tech level 4.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:57 AM   #50
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Ill join as much as possible, when i can afford it
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #51
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Thanks, quite interesting game. I'm Trav and joined bnch of people from this thread.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #52
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the joins. Really. Big thanks. I'm just 1 cycle away from level 5. Apart from the coupon it ll heavily push settler-moneymilking so I better finish that.
Thereafter money farming ll be prioritary and i promise to ally back. The last alliances are costly so I ll not manage to pay them all today tough.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #53
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
i have no bleeping idea what to do in this lol. give me honor harrington and let me launch missiles at something . however i did do enough to get a free book so its all good.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #54
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

Watch the ressource-balance.
Level up (for books)
Ally with others (for more books)
Wait for world-reset
Repeat
Old 04-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #55
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
While this all seems a bit pointless, apart from free books that is, I joined and will see how it goes. I am gifting as much as I have to people in this post, and have had some gifts back. I will be adding people as allies as soon as I can while trying to level up.

Game name same as here, and everywhere else in life.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #56
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, to level up (or get allies), lots of bucks are required. In early levels, I sold any core resources (not everyone is allowed to so, it seems random which you can and can't), but after a few levels, you need energy more than anything else (energy needs = population* level). Since bucks/cycle = asset production + (population * level), more people = more bucks (but more food and much more energy required). Bliss I ignore, since buying stuff raises it and if it is much higher than needed, you just have to pay more to get rid of whacks. Keep a bit of surplus, just to take any bliss hits in case your energy is too low for a cycle (otherwise, just keep adding energy -- at level six, it's all I spend surges on now, while I wait for enough cash to level up). Had I had a strategy earlier, my population would be higher and I'd be growing levels much faster (not that I ever hope to hit the levels of some early alpha players).

I'm almost to the point that it costs as much to join an alliance as go up a level - with the doubling cost/ally, I may never make it to twenty... although, I am getting close.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #57
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

what do you use 4 energy?
it seems that the open coal mine left at lev 1 has the best surge to e ratio until the reactor is available... I just made it to lev 5 and built the 1st 2 tasks there since they give money and food in case I get population addons so I can use them w/o starving
but apart from that I harvest energy on fastload and money for the remaining alliances
Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #58
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

btw I found out that its still possible to get rid o the later unuseable drop package items.
use them ass ressource for city core upgrades
the only way to remove them from the asset grid
Old 04-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #59
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
what do you use 4 energy?
it seems that the open coal mine left at lev 1 has the best surge to e ratio until the reactor is available... I just made it to lev 5 and built the 1st 2 tasks there since they give money and food in case I get population addons so I can use them w/o starving
but apart from that I harvest energy on fastload and money for the remaining alliances
Coal mines. I now have them almost completely covering the quick charges. Until I can get a reactor, that's probably the way I'll go. When I bump up to level 7 next, I'll need a big infusion of energy (and more again if I surge the core after upgrading it).

Yep, if you have a useless core item, that's the way to dispose of them. I have one left (that's going in this cycle), other than the core itself.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #60
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
Uhuh, with things knowing from now, I could make a better game, but it is for fun. Hm, if I had know in the beginning it would cost so much to move assets I had made better choices of the quick charges. At energy is alwasy rare. Don't know how the higher levels manage it.
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote