Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #31
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Five smooth stones I thought it was so good it made me want to cry in parts.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #32
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
For me, it was "Ender's Game".
Do audiobooks count? Enders Game, and then The Power of One by Bruce Courtenay.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:34 PM   #33
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
The last one was The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Exquisite!

Regards
Caleb
I'm with you. Still in the middle of it and I know I'll give it 5/5.

another book I give the highest point: Wintertide by Michael J. Sullivan. He's an independent writer and to my surprise, I quite like him
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #34
graphicsgirl
Connoisseur
graphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook wifi, Ebookwise 1150, Dell Axim x5
The Vagrants by Yiyun Li
graphicsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #35
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Gardens of the Moon - [The Malazan Book of the Fallen #1] - by Steven Erikson

Fantastic fantasy!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #36
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The Losing Role by Steve Anderson. My first ebook, and my first by an indie author, I bought it from Smashwords while I was waiting for my Kindle. I'd intended to read it on the Kindle, but after reading a few pages, got hooked, and read the whole thing on computer screens, and I hate reading for any length of time on backlit LCD screens.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #37
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Godlike Machines - Jonathan Strahan
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #38
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
Monster Hunter International - Larry Correia
http://www.webscription.net/p-1024-m...rnational.aspx

Okay, maybe not your "towering classic of western literature" but it sure was one fun rollicking adventure. The lead character's reaction to unexpected events at the beginning was a refreshing twist from the usual "horror movie" plot starter.
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #39
Forster
Forster will become famous soon enoughForster will become famous soon enoughForster will become famous soon enoughForster will become famous soon enoughForster will become famous soon enoughForster will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle 2, DX, kindle fire, kindle 3, kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zespectre View Post

Okay, maybe not your "towering classic of western literature" but it sure was one fun rollicking adventure. The lead character's reaction to unexpected events at the beginning was a refreshing twist from the usual "horror movie" plot starter.
I enjoyed that book quite a bit. Bought it when it was self published at the beginning of 2008.

I just looked on Amazon, they have a couple of new copies of the original issue listed for $150 and $256 lol.
Forster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #40
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zespectre View Post

after seeing this, i did some research to get more info and was surprised by the great reviews and story.

i'm going to have to get this and start it right away, thanks
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #41
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
I think you'll enjoy it.
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #42
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm having a good run right now, so there's a few. As already mentioned, Shayne Parkinson - I'm almost finished with the second book of her Promises to Keep trilogy, and this one and the first are definitely 5-star. I suspect the third will be as well. The first book is free, the 2nd and 3rd are $1.99 (Smashwords). She also has a sequel to the trilogy, and I imagine that will end up on my virtual shelf soon.
I loved this series!

I can't remember the last 5 star book I read. I'd consider that a book that as soon as I finished it, I re-read it immediately.
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #43
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Her Last Letter by Nancy Johnson
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #44
sean_oshea
sean_oshea began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have always done a lot of reading, but lately I have been reading the fiction of a new indie author at Smashwords. His name is Jacob Drake and I recommend everything he has written. I especially enjoyed Dark Angel: Fallen, Rebirth of the Gods, Forever Undead, Darkness of the Light, Forever the Dark Grave and Superion. Each of these to me deserves five stars. Not to say his other books don't, because I think they d. I just didn't want to list all his books here in one post.
I also just read The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins and that was a five star book, too.
sean_oshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #45
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Radium Halos (A novel about the Radium Dial Painters) by Shelley Stout. It is an interesting, well-written story based on true events. I enjoyed reading the book.

DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote