Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
The Bound Soul (Book 3 of the Halcyon Steampunk Trilogy)

Hello friends and readers,

I’m very pleased to announce the release of The Bound Soul, the third and final book in the Halcyon Trilogy.

It’s about murder, revenge, fantastical machines, secret societies, and Egyptian gods.

The blurb:

A brutal murder in a hotel lobby. A high-flying chase across the length of the continent. And a manhunt through the ancient and deadly streets of Alexandria.

Qhora Yupanqui has always feared being alone, and now she is. Exiled from her Incan homeland, deprived of her dashing husband, and separated from her beloved beasts, she must gather her own allies to find a killer and free the souls of hundreds of murdered men and women.

With the help of Taziri Ohana’s amazing inventions, Mirari Velasquez’s unshakable loyalty, and Salvator Fabris’s deadly blade, Qhora unravels the mystery of the soul-stealing metal called aetherium and the ancient cult of priests and assassins who not only want to rule the world, but master Death itself.

Here’s the official page complete with links.

You’ll also find that this book (and the updated editions of the other Halcyon books) contains an extensive Appendix full of historical information about all the people, places, and things described in the series so you can know what parts of the Halcyon world are real (or real-ish) and which parts I made up completely.

I hope you’ll take a look at The Bound Soul. I’m really proud of it and I think it’s the best one in the series. And while you’re out shopping, please take a moment to post a review of your favorite Halcyon books to help other readers discover the series.

And if you’re sad about the series ending, there is some good news. The story will continue… in the next trilogy!

Last edited by jrlewis; 02-05-2012 at 11:27 PM.
jrlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Really, JR? I feel like it was just yesterday when you wrote The Burning sky.

What's up with the new covers?

I liked the original Mars cover better
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I agree - these covers change every ten seconds. And I don't think they're getting better to be honest.

Of course, this isn't going to stop me from reading the trilogy.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well there shouldn't be any more changes for a very long time. This trilogy is complete and I'm moving on. The sequel trilogy isn't going to write itself!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:30 AM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There's going to be a sequel trilogy? You're heading into epic territory there.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
jrlewis
SF/F Author

Well, I really like writing stories in this world, but I didn't want to pull a Jordan and make people read twenty books to get some closure on the One Big Story.

So I designed a bunch of intersecting stories broken up into separate trilogies or standalone novels that you can read alone or all together. It's like Fantasy A La Carte.

So Halcyon was the quasi-Steampunk part. And the next trilogy will be the quasi-Sword and Sorcery part.

And there's going to be a standalone Samurai novel. Eventually. All tied (loosely) together.

Tags
adventure, egypt, steampunk, thriller