Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #1
Axel
Axel began at the beginning.

Can I create folders ?

Hi,

a few days ago I got my Reader and I just wondered if I can create folders for my books? Otherwise it will be unmanageble with a few dozend books.

axel
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
From what I heard, this will be implemented in a future firmware version.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2006, 03:38 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You could always keep them in folders on your PC, and only actually transfer to the Reader what you're reading at the moment .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:33 AM   #4
ktb1381
Enthusiast
ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Will collections help? I haven't really played with them but it seems like they might offer folder like functionality.
ktb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:02 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They might, but unfortunately they only work in main memory. Presumably people who want to store numbers of books that are unmanageable in a "flat" list would be using a memory card.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2006, 11:44 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
One thing we ran across recently, is that your hard drives show up in the Connect Software, so what I'm setting up is a set of directories on my HDD to sort my files as I want them, then I can just pull them from there straight onto the Reader. The Collections can be useful too, but everytime you go to the Library, or Books menus, you're confronted with the whole giant, flat list of files. That's a bit too busy for me.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote