Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #106
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by labzuk View Post
Lucky you, i've removed the latest version from http://www.ebookapplications.com and tried to re install PRS+ without any luck. It just hangs in Start mode forever.

Tried everything from re installing firmware, re installing PRS+ from the SD, from the memory, to formating the memory .. no luck so far.
Were you able to get your reader running _without_ PRS+? (just to be sure, that problem is PRS+ related)
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #107
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can someone please take some screen shots using Zelda's version of Three Men in a Boat with this alternate firmware so we can see how it really works? A rather poor looking website doesn't show us much.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #108
labzuk
Enthusiast
labzuk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505 - Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Were you able to get your reader running _without_ PRS+? (just to be sure, that problem is PRS+ related)
The reader is fine, i've reflashed it using the special 18040 firmware and it restart fine but as soon i'm finished with installing PRS + it locks on the Starting Up screen. I've tried 1.1.2 and 1.1.3.
labzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #109
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
labzuk
Hm, maybe prsp option files got corrupted (actually it should work even in this case, but I recall one user having similar problem, resolved by deleting it)?

You should try removing /opt0/prsp/ folder (prsp options are there). The problem is, it's a bit tricky to access it, if your reader doesn't boot with prs+. You have the following options:

1) Find old version of igorsk's flasher, it had option to run shell scripts
2) Check if PRS+ starts in safe mode (ie when connected to USB during boot), if yes, create prsp.sh file in /database/system/PRSPlus (you might need to create the folders, all names are case sensitive). Don't forget to remove this file afterwards. The file is NOT executed in safe mode.

you need to execute the following command:

Quote:
rm -R /opt0/prsp/
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #110
emindead
emindead began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hopefully, this will be available for the PRS-600 really soon. That's the only one I own.

I would really like to install a Spanish Dictionary and that the English Dictionary could be updated.
emindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #111
bbsc
bbsc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I just installed this software last night, and I really like it! I like how epubs look so much better than with the standard software.

I also noticed that if I set the sony clock to be 6 hours behind, I get the correct time to display.

I am having trouble getting the dictionary to work though. I did download a stardict dictionary called 'wordnet' and I put the files in the right folder, I think. But it can't seem to look up any words. Does anybody have any suggestions for where to find a dictionary file to download?

Thanks!
bbsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #112
bbsc

I found the right dictionary files here: http://reciteword.cosoft.org.cn/star...c/freedict.de/

And it's working great now!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #113
emindead
emindead began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsc View Post
I found the right dictionary files here: http://reciteword.cosoft.org.cn/star...c/freedict.de/

And it's working great now!
How do you install it?
emindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:36 PM   #114
hal9000
Enthusiast
hal9000 doesn't litterhal9000 doesn't litterhal9000 doesn't litter

Device: Airis Dbook (with booq Classic OS 2.2)
Is there any chance to have this firmware ported to the original not-upgraded PRS-500 some day?
hal9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #115
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
It does not work with the upgraded Sony 500 either, I tried.
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #116
bbsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by emindead View Post
How do you install it?
I downloaded the file for the dictionary I wanted, and unzipped it. Then I made a folder called "En" and put the three files in there. The file names are something like oxford.dict.dz, oxford.idx and oxford.ifo. Then I put the "En" folder into the dictionary folder on the reader, the one that has a folder called "En-Ru." Does that make sense?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #117
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
Ebookapps any word on upcoming fix for 505 battery and clock? Software rocks and these 2 are the only problems that's stopping it from being great for me. Thanks
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #118
ebookapps
Enthusiast
ebookapps has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookapps has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookapps has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookapps has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookapps has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS–300, Sony PRS-505
NEW VERSION 1.8.0.5!

Changes are:
1. Support for CBR and CBZ files (popular comics formats)
2. Support of RAR files and multi-file RAR archives
3. New localizations: Czech, Slovenian, Polish, Finnish, Hungarian, Romanian, Dutch, Hebrew.
4. Improvements of built-in dictionary UI
- Larger translation window and scrollbar
- Cursor can be moved with side buttons
5. Power management optimizations. It is recommended to use power switch to turn device off when you finished reading.
6. Numerous minor fixes and improvements.
ebookapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #119
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
Wooohooo, thanks!
Any info on 505's clock? Will we be able to set(and use) it with ebookapps?
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #120
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
No screen shots? Sheesh!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
djvu, epub, fb2, firmware, sony