Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
jetBook vs iPad. Reading in sunlight.

jetBook is the clear victor. Its purpose is for use on the go but is rendered almost completely useless in sunlight . I use my jetBook and my laptop in the sun almost all the time.

Yes the iPad is on and on its brightest setting.

Last edited by X read X; 04-05-2010 at 04:34 PM.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Looking forward to seeing the photo.

Outdoor reading is one of my favorite perks of using my JBL. I just took a 30 minute stroll during lunch while reading on it in full Orlando sunlight.
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Here's a really high res one if you want to see a close up. I wont post because it is huge.

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/6...dvsjetbook.jpg
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I'm thinking to buy iPad but I don't like this picture in sunlight. jetBook screen looks much better...
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
ipad clearly isnt for ebooks.

if you want an ereader, buy an ereader (aka jetBook lol)

if you want a tablet, buy an ipad. simple.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
ipad clearly isnt for ebooks.

if you want an ereader, buy an ereader (aka jetBook lol)

if you want a tablet, buy an Android tablet. simple.
There, I fixed that for you
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
bob1xxx
Zealot
bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle k3 and k2 and White Aluratek Libre Pro
Wink

LOL I love it that's the #1 reason why the Ipad is a bummer as a ebook reader It too frick'n big! LOL . And it's color high glossy led screen is a loser in bright light although the Ipoo oops Imaxie oops Ipad can be read in a light tight dark room though and thats super Kwel LOL
bob1xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:05 AM   #8
lmittell
Enthusiast
lmittell began at the beginning.

Device: K2, K3, Jetbook Lite, iPhone4
Quote:
Originally Posted by X read X View Post
jetBook is the clear victor. Its purpose is for use on the go but is rendered almost completely useless in sunlight . I use my jetBook and my laptop in the sun almost all the time.

Yes the iPad is on and on its brightest setting.
You've got to admit, though, that the iPod has a much better image of the overhead latticework (if that's what it is) than does the JB.

Larry
lmittell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:35 AM   #9
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
This is pretty much one of the great disadvantages of the iPad over the other readers.
carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:25 AM   #10
BBRags
Connoisseur
BBRags began at the beginning.

Device: None
If Apple had used a transreflective screen (like on the old Palm pdas, it would have looked beautiful in sunlight.
BBRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:39 AM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1xxx View Post
Ipad can be read in a light tight dark room though and thats super Kwel LOL
A CLEAR advantage....if you are a vampire.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:41 AM   #12
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRags View Post
If Apple had used a transreflective screen (like on the old Palm pdas, it would have looked beautiful in sunlight.
And isn't that what the jetbook has?

I LOVE this comparison.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #13
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
The FAQ for the Ectaco Jetbook:
http://www.jetbook.net/faq.php?refid=29532

says ``Reflective TFT, high-contrast, eye-friendly background, 180-degree viewing area''

Unfortunately, there aren't many devices w/ Transflective displays:

http://www.toughbookdepot.com/shop/p...product_id=265

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Was the iPad in the photo actually on?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But to be honest, since the iPad is rather large, I do think a smaller reader for on the go would be a good thing to have as well if you do have an iPad. I have a 505 and if I was to get an iPad or similar device, I'd still have my 505 as I would not want to lug around an iPad all day.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, ipad, jetbook, reflection, screen