Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur
UchihaNaru is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Battery Charging

Hi.. I would like to ask about the battery charging..

So when you are charging it, the light on the left hand top will flicker orange/red, and when it is fully charged it will be a steady green (at least that's what the instruction manual says).

I put the charge on for over 12 hours (overnight) and when I look at it again, there isn't any steady green light... So I wonder if it is fully charged...

Because previously... I also charged it for 12 hours... and I only managed to turn the page less than 800 times and the bar is already half way through...
UchihaNaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNaru View Post
Hi.. I would like to ask about the battery charging..

So when you are charging it, the light on the left hand top will flicker orange/red, and when it is fully charged it will be a steady green (at least that's what the instruction manual says).

I put the charge on for over 12 hours (overnight) and when I look at it again, there isn't any steady green light... So I wonder if it is fully charged...

Because previously... I also charged it for 12 hours... and I only managed to turn the page less than 800 times and the bar is already half way through...
Was the Unit powered ON or did you turn it OFF after attaching the cord?
On the older firmware, I saw the large battery charging picture change to a "Pull Plug" picture. I have not seen this since updating the firmware.
I might not have just waited long enough, although I would have expected the wall charger to recharge faster than the initial charge.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
UchihaNaru, the indicator light doesn't turn green for me. I look for the picture that Theducks mentioned (the pull plug symbol on the screen).

I want to upgrade my firmware, so I'm not sure if I will see this again if what Theducks experienced will happen to my PP. (Not sure if it will disappear or be a different symbol?)
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #4
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur

i put the screen on lock mode...

my firmware is upgraded
Old 10-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #5
maria23
maria23 began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket Pro
When charging If the light on the left hand top did not flicker orange/red but remain only orange does this mean the battery is charging or that there is a problem because the screen also remain blank.
maria23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:55 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
UchihaNaru, the indicator light doesn't turn green for me. I look for the picture that Theducks mentioned (the pull plug symbol on the screen).

I want to upgrade my firmware, so I'm not sure if I will see this again if what Theducks experienced will happen to my PP. (Not sure if it will disappear or be a different symbol?)
The "Pull plug" still works with the latest Firmware.
4 Hours to re-charge after use, using the supplied charge is way optimistic .
I have been through a few thousand page turns , PEZ pages (at my font setting) are about 3 times the dead tree count.

My PEZ gets used before work, at lunch and after dinner.
A "charge" EASILY lasts the week.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Is this a duplicate thread? I'm soooo confused....

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The "Pull plug" still works with the latest Firmware.
4 Hours to re-charge after use, using the supplied charge is way optimistic .
I have been through a few thousand page turns , PEZ pages (at my font setting) are about 3 times the dead tree count.

My PEZ gets used before work, at lunch and after dinner.
A "charge" EASILY lasts the week.
So do you mean that you can read a few thousand pages until the battery goes flat? I used the apple charger to charge =X I wonder if that affects the battery life...

@kennyc, I realised there's a similar thread somewhere haha
Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
So do you mean that you can read a few thousand pages until the battery goes flat? I used the apple charger to charge =X I wonder if that affects the battery life...

@kennyc, I realised there's a similar thread somewhere haha
I dropped to 1/2 (2 bars).
I plugged in to load more books and and charged it overnight.
P.S. I played MP3's on 2 of those days , which brought it down from 3 to 2 bars..
Old 10-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Is this a duplicate thread? I'm soooo confused....

We do have about 4 battery thread going on.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #11
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I dropped to 1/2 (2 bars).
I plugged in to load more books and and charged it overnight.
P.S. I played MP3's on 2 of those days , which brought it down from 3 to 2 bars..
wow.. ur battery last pretty long... wonder if there's something wrong with mine
Old 10-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #12
Toeknee
Enthusiast
Toeknee began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
wonder if there's something wrong with mine
Astak tech support told me that if a unit is not charging properly, one thing to try is to remove the battery by disconnecting the wires, then plug the eReader in (at which point it will reboot) and then reconnect the battery and let it charge over night. I guess that is supposed to reset something in the charging system.
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote