Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Following links in text

Some ebooks contain links to footnotes. How do I follow these links on a Pocketbook 360 Plus? Does it differ with the format/app being used?
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
sorry for the delay, but at least now I know
If you go to the key assignment in the settings, you can pick one button to £enter links mode". In my case, I use the "hold OK button". Now that is the key to use for links. Once in your document, you press it and you can move between the footnote and its content. In coolreader, an arrow appears, pointing right if you need to go to teh footnote, and pointing left when you wnat to go back to the text - once you are in "links mode" you can use the joystick to move about the notes. In Adobereader, you have to inovke the links mode both when going to a note and when going back to the text, and again use the cursor to mvoe about and select the note you want. With Fbreader I could not make it work, don't know why. This is in the case of EPUB files, but should work similarly with pdf files.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
With Fbreader I could not make it work, don't know why. This is in the case of EPUB files, but should work similarly with pdf files.
Following works for PB360, which. I am pretty sure, should be identical or very similar to newer models.
I use this feature with FBReader.
I have assigned long press down to enter links mode. So when I see a link - to a footnote, for example, I hold the down button. The Links mode is activated. I use down button to navigate to the link and press OK. I go to the link. I have mapped long press up button to "Go back" so when I finish reading footnote or whatever I press and hold Up to go back.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Following works for PB360, which. I am pretty sure, should be identical or very similar to newer models.
I use this feature with FBReader.
I have assigned long press down to enter links mode. So when I see a link - to a footnote, for example, I hold the down button. The Links mode is activated. I use down button to navigate to the link and press OK. I go to the link. I have mapped long press up button to "Go back" so when I finish reading footnote or whatever I press and hold Up to go back.
many thanks KAcir, had not thought of the "go back" option. Now Coolreader is really nice and full of functionality, so I am using it as standard. I think the problem with FBreader, however, may be only related to taht specific book, as I remember navigating footnotes with the "standard" 360 when using Fbreader 180.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote