Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
kevinofengland
Connoisseur
kevinofengland began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Three Mobile Broadband

I recently signed up to Threes 15gb package at £15.00 per month thinking i could watch catch up TV etc but have been disappointed with bandwidth which does not stream the content fast enough. I normally spend £15.00 a month anyway but normal only use around 3 gig. I would not recommend this package if you plan to watch Youtube or Iplayer ect as it is worse than useless. Has anyone got this package, if so, how do you find it?

Kev
kevinofengland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
I can't comment directly on 3's package, but I do have the equivalent (3Gb) package from T-Mobile. Bandwidth is usually OK to view Youtube or BBC news video. However it does seem very sensitive to the overall activity on the mobile network & every so often I have to wait for the download to catch up. (Have to wait even longer when my local mast dies and I go over to GPRS - ugh!)
Mobile will I guess always be slower than fixed line broadband. It's still vastly better than the original 9600 bps!
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
Mobile will I guess always be slower than fixed line broadband. It's still vastly better than the original 9600 bps!
I have a Vodafone 3G dongle that I use with my notebook, and that's absolutely excellent - consistent download speeds of around 4-5Mbits/sec even when the 3G signal strength is shown as "poor"; it's faster than I get with ADSL at home.

The O2 broadband I've got in my iPad isn't nearly as good speed-wise, although coverage and reliability-wise it's fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote