Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #31
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
What kind of rich, snobby people are Kindle owners?

Remember, for what it does the Kindle has been priced far higher than an ipad (it's a one trick pony so the one function actually is much higher relatively). Are ebook users the snobbiest of the whole bunch, because we pay money to read books?

Now quit pointing fingers. The thumb always points back at our self.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #32
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I never point, it's rude ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #33
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
I am taking for granted the extra superiority points awarded for London-based respondents.
But of course. Sending you a little love for that statement alone. Made me smile...
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #34
Gem
Gem began at the beginning.

Device: Still not sure
The Ipad is THEORETICALLY overpriced compared to its competition, but at the moment, it doesn't have any competition outside of china.

On the other end of things, I can't help but to understand the views about apple. I just customized a 15" gaming laptop, and all the features I wanted came to about 1200 bucks. A friend told me it would be more versatile if I got a 15" macbook, and just bootcamped win7. Sounded like a good idea, so I customized a powerbook. It was mostly the same but had a lesser video card and slower ram, which only added to the spit-take I was about to make when I saw the price tag of 2,300 dollars.

At that price I could buy the first computer, a copy of OSX to dual boot with, and still have enough cash left over for a 1,000 dollar macbook.

After that, as a job holding full time college student, it's difficult to hear a peer suggest that I buy a mac and assume them to be of humble persuasions. I hope that one of these days I'll have a disposable income and then the thought of buying a mac will be a little easier on my blood pressure!
Gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #35
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
If an item is overpriced, then people wouldn't buy it, theoretical or not ! It depends what value they place on the ownership of it....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert