Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #16
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
We have a nine foot flower on the gold agave. It was a cute little 8inch pot plant a couple of years ago. I thought of the little shop of horrors when it started to shoot up.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #17
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
We have a nine foot flower on the gold agave. It was a cute little 8inch pot plant a couple of years ago. I thought of the little shop of horrors when it started to shoot up.
Scratch that I just went and had another look. Its about 12 feet high now

I took photo...

See. That fence is six feet high.

And it is still growing.

Last edited by SneakySnake; 07-17-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 05:56 AM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
that's one BIG triffid !!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:59 AM   #19
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Ardeegee, you are an impressive photographer, and your collection of plant is fascinating!
The secret of looking like a great photographer:

Take hundreds of photos. Throw away 95 percent of them.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #20
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
that's one BIG triffid !!!
Should I be afraid it will come in the house at night?

I tried to get the cat to sit in front of it to give scale, but he won't. I think he is also scared of it.
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #21
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Should I be afraid it will come in the house at night?

I tried to get the cat to sit in front of it to give scale, but he won't. I think he is also scared of it.

trust the cat .....
Old 04-12-2010, 06:20 AM   #22
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
trust the cat .....
*shivers*

*whispers - "its dark now"

I'm taking the cat to bed, and if he moves I will ready with the cane knife
Old 04-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #23
GeoffC

Quote:
*shivers*

*whispers - "its dark now"

I'm taking the cat to bed, and if he moves I will ready with the cane knife

get a flame-thrower ....

edit: ..... i assume the "he" refers to the triffid and not the cat !!!!! (oh the beauty of the english language....)
Old 04-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #24
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
get a flame-thrower ....

edit: ..... i assume the "he" refers to the triffid and not the cat !!!!! (oh the beauty of the english language....)
Yes I do mean the triffid. As if I would hurt a kitty. As I type he(the cat) had jumped on to the chair next to me and appears relaxed, so he (the cat) must know the triffid won't get in the house.

The triffid, on the other hand is very close to the pool, and would probably be able to extinguish the flame quite quickly.

However we may be able to adapt the flamethrower to shoot glyphosate (neat would do the trick I reckon.)

*shivers*

What if it can read my thoughts?

Last edited by SneakySnake; 04-12-2010 at 06:27 AM. Reason: remove ambiguity - anyway the triffid is an it :)
Old 04-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #25
GeoffC

just go to bed, sleep ....... and dream .....
Old 04-12-2010, 06:30 AM   #26
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Scratch that I just went and had another look. Its about 12 feet high now
I took photo...
See. That fence is six feet high.
And it is still growing.
The house up the road had similar in their front yard a few months ago. Twelve feet? It's possible it's only just about to literally and figuratively about to hit its teens.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #27
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
The house up the road had similar in their front yard a few months ago. Twelve feet? It's possible it's only just about to literally and figuratively about to hit its teens.

Cheers,
Marc
I would be able to tell how high it really was if I could get close to it. I already hacked off its spikes closest to the pool because it was making it difficult for MOTH to get around tidying etc.

And I would NEVER want anything to prevent that. I would have to do something myself.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #28
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
I would be able to tell how high it really was if I could get close to it. I already hacked off its spikes closest to the pool because it was making it difficult for MOTH to get around tidying etc.

And I would NEVER want anything to prevent that. I would have to do something myself.

Better plan on your replacement plant. Agave are one and done when they bloom....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #29
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
It has been a harsh winter .. Name:  garden gnome.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  5.9 KB

I thought your garden gnome was on an around-the-world vacation, or so our U.S television commercials would have us believe.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #30
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Yes I do mean the triffid. As if I would hurt a kitty. As I type he(the cat) had jumped on to the chair next to me and appears relaxed, so he (the cat) must know the triffid won't get in the house.

The triffid, on the other hand is very close to the pool, and would probably be able to extinguish the flame quite quickly.

However we may be able to adapt the flamethrower to shoot glyphosate (neat would do the trick I reckon.)

*shivers*

What if it can read my thoughts?

I've recently read "Day of the Triffids" - they used flamethrowers and shotguns!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote