Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #31
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
I'd rather see Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson than Tom Cruise in the role of Jack Reacher. At 6' 5" and 260 lb, The Rock matches Reacher's physique quite well.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #32
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I agree. That makeup hasn't been invented yet. And I too like Neeson - I just think he's a bit too battered and worldweary. I picture someone more vital and virile, full of supressed energy.
But, that is how I envision Jack Reacher, a bit battered and worldweary.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #33
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
But, that is how I envision Jack Reacher, a bit battered and worldweary.
Apache
Lightly battered, maybe (sounds edible, somehow...), but not worldweary (in my mind), more world-curious.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #34
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
How about Vinnie Jones (Bullet Tooth Tony)? Give him some accent coaching, and some good direction, and he could work.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #35
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
How about Vinnie Jones (Bullet Tooth Tony)? Give him some accent coaching, and some good direction, and he could work.
And acting lessons...?
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #36
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
And acting lessons...?
....and reality checks ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #37
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
....and reality checks ?
Yeah, I didn't want to be rude, but to be frank I'd rather see an iguana in the role... I find it hard to think of an actor I detest more, and will never watch anything he's in.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #38
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I even run out the door when a certain alchoholic drink advert comes on 'cos he's the "star".
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #39
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't want to be rude, but to be frank I'd rather see an iguana in the role... I find it hard to think of an actor I detest more, and will never watch anything he's in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I even run out the door when a certain alchoholic drink advert comes on 'cos he's the "star".
Must be a UK thing.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #40
orlok
Close to the Edit!

He's a bully and a thoroughly unpleasant individual. No redeeming aspects whatsoever.

Now back on track, what about Jeffrey Dean Morgan, or is he too old? (I still like Gerard Butler for the role, in reality).
Old 05-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #41
zuul
Bookworm
zuul began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150 & Kindle
people your never going to find the perfect actor to play reacher unless child's specifically modeled the character on an actor. they need to find one that can invoke his personality, attitude and character.
zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #42
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
He's a bully and a thoroughly unpleasant individual. No redeeming aspects whatsoever.
I agree; that's why he's perfect for the "Bullet Tooth Tony" roles. It would be a mistake to cast him any other role. But I appreciate his work in the roles he is perfect for. Not Jack Reacher.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #43
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuul View Post
people your never going to find the perfect actor to play reacher unless child's specifically modeled the character on an actor. they need to find one that can invoke his personality, attitude and character.
That's true, of course. But in this case, I don't think anyone's expecting "the perfect actor." They're just expecting "an actor that makes even the slightest bit of sense" for the part.

I don't think they could have cast a less Reacher-esque actor than Tom Cruise even if that had been their intention. It's just baffling (except in the "Name" department).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-11-2012 at 10:25 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #44
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuul View Post
people your never going to find the perfect actor to play reacher unless child's specifically modeled the character on an actor.
Gee...you think? Thanks for explaining that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosvit View Post
I agree; that's why he's perfect for the "Bullet Tooth Tony" roles. It would be a mistake to cast him any other role. But I appreciate his work in the roles he is perfect for. Not Jack Reacher.

Fair point. And these are the only films I have made an exception for (in terms of watching one with Vinnie Jones in). Almost typecasting .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's just baffling (except in the "Name" department).

What? Tom Cruise and Jack Reacher's names are nothing alike?

Maybe we just need someone big?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #45
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Fair point. And these are the only films I have made an exception for (in terms of watching one with Vinnie Jones in). Almost typecasting .

Definitely typecast. Or maybe just incapable of playing any other role. I made the mistake of watching a movie in which he played the heroic lead. It was a painful experience. Two hours of my life I'll never get back.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote