Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #61
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Actually, you can put it anywhere, e.g. on your SD card, and the Gallery app will find it (just like the Music Player will find music files anywhere). Use the Gallery to find the app, tap-and-hold the picture, select "Set As", then "Reader Wallpaper".
This is great! I've already got Carl Spitzweg's Bookworm on the reader side. Thanks Boris

Old 09-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #62
dcubed2
Edge User

I am thrilled! The pdf reader now correctly displays pfs that did not work before, including pdfs from Google Books and ones that didn't work from Internet Archives. I haven't tried many, partly because I desperately need more large sd cards

Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #63
borisb
Edge User

I remember this has been an issue for you since March. Relief at last and now you can enjoy those 19th century childrens books in their full glory

Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #64
alefor
Edge User

The boot time, from power on to fully up and running, seems longer with Dingo. I measured it at 1min50sec. Coyote was more like 1min15sec. Anyone else have similar findings?

Old 09-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #65
borisb
Edge User

I don't remember anymore what I measured originally for boot up time, but Dingo gives me the same time as you.

I rarely power off, so instead I really benefit from the much faster wake up time from suspend.

Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #66
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alefor View Post
The boot time, from power on to fully up and running, seems longer with Dingo. I measured it at 1min50sec. Coyote was more like 1min15sec. Anyone else have similar findings?
Really? I was thinking it was slightly faster, but I didn't time it, so it may be wishful thinking on my part. I'd say that a much faster boot time would be one of wishes for the next iteration, eland, or whatever they name it.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #67
emen
Edge User

Quote:
I noticed that too. Before Dingo, it took about a minute, now it's taking almost two minutes to start the system.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #68
Eddy R
Edge User

+++

Would use Calendar Journal as main note page during day if clipboard copy/paste could be used to update 'project specific' journals at night.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:54 AM   #69
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcubed2 View Post
This is great! I've already got Carl Spitzweg's Bookworm on the reader side.
Is your Bookworm still there after a shut down and power up again? My chozen wallpaper is not: the original wallpaper is back then.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:47 AM   #70
leo315
Edge User

My First Impression

Finally Dingo did download and install. After about 50 attempts yet unsuccessful downloads, with download percentage up to 60%. The EE even assumed for the 60% that the download is complete and tried unsuccessful to install it.

Finally a 100% download and install.

I would suggest that for the next update the manual download alternative would be available from the first day of release.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #71
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
I just saw a real time video from 2 months ago: you are right. The boot time is now 1min50sec and before Dingo it was 1min13sec. Maybe because we saw new things everybody thought it was faster.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #72
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
I just saw a real time video from 2 months ago: you are right. The boot time is now 1min50sec and before Dingo it was 1min13sec. Maybe because we saw new things everybody thought it was faster.
Post-boot the eDGe does seem snappier. A 2 minute boot time is tolerable to me given how rarely I have to actually shut it down.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #73
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Is your Bookworm still there after a shut down and power up again? My chozen wallpaper is not: the original wallpaper is back then.
Yes, it remains whenever the reader app is off, I have to click on the reader tool on the lcd for a book to show up. The wallpaper stays even when the eDGe is off, though the original image of a stack of books does show up when powering on (it says initializing), but my wallpaper comes on after that - until I start the reader app. I wonder why yours goes away?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #74
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcubed2 View Post
Yes, it remains whenever the reader app is off, I have to click on the reader tool on the lcd for a book to show up. The wallpaper stays even when the eDGe is off, though the original image of a stack of books does show up when powering on (it says initializing), but my wallpaper comes on after that - until I start the reader app. I wonder why yours goes away?
Yes, I wonder too. I tried it again, but it still is not showing anymore after start up. (Btw, I moved my library to the SD-card months ago. Can that be the problem? Anyone that did the same?)

Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #75
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Yes, I wonder too. I tried it again, but it still is not showing anymore after start up. (Btw, I moved my library to the SD-card months ago. Can that be the problem? Anyone that did the same?)
Oh, maybe? I didn't change where the library is, I'm hopeful that we can get tags/multiple location library at some point. I really hope so, at any rate. Maybe someone from tech support can try the reader wallpaper with the library on an sd card.