Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #61
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Here is my ugly duckling... nothing to write home about. But my Opus is all dressed up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	68299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus2.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	68300  
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #62
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
kindlekitten, my slipcover feels like mostly cotton to me. The gold outlining really makes it special. I don't know the name of the pattern. It was one that beesocks had already made. I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you. She has quite a few fabrics to choose from, and she makes both full eReader covers as well as the slipcovers.

I should also mention that Mobileread member "PG4003" (Patricia), who posted on page 2 of this thread, also has some beautiful slipcovers. I was very tempted to buy one of hers too, but I couldn't justify having two slipcovers. I had just purchased the one from beesocks, and then I saw hers. As I recall, the one I was considering had cats and books on it. Very cute! I do love the one I have, though.
DreamWriter, thanks for the plug! I actually made the same type cover that Beesocks does. The slipcovers are very easy to do. Here's another one I've made that has been very popular.

PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #63
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Patricia, you were offering one with a cat(s) and stacks of books, weren't you? I know it was your listings that I was looking at, but I can't be sure that was the pattern. My brain gets confused sometimes.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #64
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Yes, that was this one. I love any kind of cover that depicts books, what my Kindle represents to me.

PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #65
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Yes, that was the one! Thanks for confirming that I wasn't imagining that. LOL
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #66
Janette55
Connoisseur
Janette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it is

Device: Sony 900
It seems that a lot of these covers are for Kindles, but I have a Sony 900. I have looked M-Edge at covers and they are nice and I think have room for a light, but not sure.

I can't decide if I want a cover that totally covers my reader, or leaves the ports open for the charger. I also know I don't want to spend a fortune, I may have spent close to $300 when I bought it new, but I don't want to spend a lot on a cover.
Janette55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #67
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I dunno why I even bother with covers as I the kobo never leaves the house and it's out of reach of my sticky fingered 21mth old lol.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:40 AM   #68
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
You know, I'm jealous of you guys.
So many beautifully made covers. Another reason to loathe my mediocrity (and lazyness, to be honest).
What I use to protect my eBook doesn't really deserve the title "cover" when compared to what I've seen here :-(

It does it's job, but it looks horrible. I don't dare show the pictures directly, so I'll just put the links for those who are not afraid to look.

http://www.fredlarts.at/~cyberman/eBook/DVD_Cover1.jpg
http://www.fredlarts.at/~cyberman/eBook/DVD_Cover2.jpg

As the filename implies, it's a DVD cover where I removed the elevated parts. (A messy job, crudely done. It fits - tightly.)
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:54 AM   #69
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
cyberman, that is a good idea though, a good protective cover, and you could still slip in the artwork of your choice to dress it up if you have kept the original artwork sleeve on the case or attach creative artwork photo/fabric to express yourself!
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:06 AM   #70
Ardjan
Ardjan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ardjan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ardjan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ardjan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ardjan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I have modified a Oberon small journal cover with some magnets, leather straps and two buttons to fit my Sony PRS-650.

I'm quite happy with the way this attaches to my Sony Reader without spoiling the nice Oberon look.
Ardjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #71
bucsie
Connoisseur
bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ardjan, that is one fancy looking cover!
What is the small button for?
bucsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #72
Ardjan
Ardjan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ardjan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ardjan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ardjan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ardjan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsie View Post
Ardjan, that is one fancy looking cover!
What is the small button for?
The small button has a magnetic rod attached. The normal Sony cover uses a plastic spine that clamps into two holes in the reader. My cover uses the same holes but sticks to the screws that are used in these holes. If both buttons are closed the reader cannot slide up or down since one of the two buttons will prevent that movement. To remove the reader from the cover you push the two buttons away from the reader.

The whole reason I used this system is that I wanted the least amount of modifications to the reader and the cover. The only permanent modification to the cover is that I glued the two leather straps with the buttons to the cover. The reader isn't modified at all.
Ardjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #73
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
I had a wonderful custom leather cover with an embossed map of Tolkien's Middle Earth made for my 505. I am crushed that it does not fit my 650, and it's hard to justify having another one made. Ah well. Maybe I'll wait for Oberon to make 650 covers. I wish I had the patience and/or talent to modify one of the journals like the one shown in this thread. (I know I posted these a couple of thousand threads ago, but I didn't know how to link to the old thread! )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader1.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	708.3 KB
ID:	68373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader4.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	489.9 KB
ID:	68374  
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #74
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I thought Oberon makes 650 covers as "special orders" if you call them?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #75
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I thought Oberon makes 650 covers as "special orders" if you call them?
Yes, they do...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124922
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote