Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #46
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Some nice covers posted here. I made mine from $4 worth of leather from the scrap bin at the local leather dealer, some sheet plastic stiffeners, and a can of contact cement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	case_flat.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	68188   Click image for larger version

Name:	case_front.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	68189   Click image for larger version

Name:	case_upright.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	68190  

Last edited by gastan; 03-11-2011 at 07:35 PM.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #47
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
Here's mine.

Chesterton Quote cover for nook
Amazon Non-lighted cover for Kindle.

anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #48
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
Some nice covers posted here. I made mine from $4 worth of leather from the scrap bin at the local leather dealer, some sheet plastic stiffeners, and a can of contact cement.
$4...that's a tightwad's dream case!

It looks cutting edge and old fashioned all in one.

Last edited by silasgreenback; 03-11-2011 at 01:35 PM.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #49
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
A cloth cover, made out of some baby clothing my nephew was not using anymore, with a rubbery foam in the back and front.

cover1: front

cover2: back, with a pocket for a small notebook and pen(cil).

cover3: cover open, with the Cybook Gen3 inside. The ring in the mid bottom is attached to the cover, and I can put a string through the hole in the Cybook's bottom left corner, and attach it to the ring, thus preventing the Cybook from sliding out of the cover. The left part is a big pocket where I keep a cleaning cloth. The ~1in flap in the left can be used to keep the whole lot closed, but I don't really use it. And yes, I should wash it

cover4: Cybook extracted, to show the nice skin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover1.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	68156   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover2.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	68157   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover3.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	68158   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover4.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	68159  
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #50
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I used to have the basic Kindle cover from Amazon, but was having the rebooting issue some folks have run into so I returned it at picked up this one...

that's the one I have! same color even!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #51
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I have a lighted leather Amazon cover. To jazz it up, I purchased a slipcover from seller "beesocks" at Etsy. It's well made, and I'm very happy with it. She has a lot of beautiful covers, as well as other items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/beesocks

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-21-2014 at 12:03 AM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #52
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I have a lighted leather Amazon cover. To jazz it up, I purchased a slipcover from seller "beesocks" at Etsy. It's well made, and I'm very happy with it. She has a lot of beautiful covers, as well as other items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/beesocks.

Here's a photo of my slipcover:

That's a nice one!

I also like the one that was made out of $4 worth of leather. Good job!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #53
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
I have a lighted leather Amazon cover. To jazz it up, I purchased a slipcover from seller "beesocks" at Etsy. It's well made, and I'm very happy with it. She has a lot of beautiful covers, as well as other items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/beesocks.

Here's a photo of my slipcover:

Wow, that is gorgeous. *admires* I love the Japanese-motif fabric.

Hmm, now I'm tempted to order a custom one...
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #54
Desvelada71
Desvelada71 will become famous soon enoughDesvelada71 will become famous soon enoughDesvelada71 will become famous soon enoughDesvelada71 will become famous soon enoughDesvelada71 will become famous soon enoughDesvelada71 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
You are all decked out!!
Desvelada71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #55
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
Love the creative reader covers!
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #56
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamekke View Post
Wow, that is gorgeous. *admires* I love the Japanese-motif fabric.

Hmm, now I'm tempted to order a custom one...
Beesocks at Etsy has some beautiful fabrics. She's very nice to work with too. You can't tell from the photo of my slipcover, but it has shimmery gold outlining the patterns. It makes my Kindle even more fun.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #57
purple rose
purple rose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
Gastan, that's a great looking cover. Well done!
purple rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There are some rather nice homemade covers and slipcases shown.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #59
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Beesocks at Etsy has some beautiful fabrics. She's very nice to work with too. You can't tell from the photo of my slipcover, but it has shimmery gold outlining the patterns. It makes my Kindle even more fun.
what is the material?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #60
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
what is the material?
kindlekitten, my slipcover feels like mostly cotton to me. The gold outlining really makes it special. I don't know the name of the pattern. It was one that beesocks had already made. I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you. She has quite a few fabrics to choose from, and she makes both full eReader covers as well as the slipcovers.

I should also mention that Mobileread member "PG4003" (Patricia), who posted on page 2 of this thread, also has some beautiful slipcovers. I was very tempted to buy one of hers too, but I couldn't justify having two slipcovers. I had just purchased the one from beesocks, and then I saw hers. As I recall, the one I was considering had cats and books on it. Very cute! I do love the one I have, though.