Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #31
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
I like those a lot.

I must be the only person who would like to have a reader cover with an insert window on the front. Print out, and insert, one book cover to hide what you're truly reading.

That way I could read this;

And people would think that I'm reading this;

Great idea...never thought of it!

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #32
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
IMHO I undertand the logic around maing the covers an extra expense for electronic reader customers, it makes for a secondary market. However this is also not in the customer's best interests since it adds an additional cost to the readers. What is your thinking is making the covers a secondary market a good idea? I can see it both ways.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #33
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
I think it's fine to sell them separately because people really like to personalize these things. If the reader came with a generic cover, but almost all of the buyers replace it with something else, then it would be better to keep the device price down a bit by leaving it out of the package.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #34
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
IMHO I undertand the logic around maing the covers an extra expense for electronic reader customers, it makes for a secondary market. However this is also not in the customer's best interests since it adds an additional cost to the readers. What is your thinking is making the covers a secondary market a good idea? I can see it both ways.

I like the idea of the covers. If you think about it, when you read a paper book you have a different 'cover' every time. It's a different look, feel, weight etc. With a reader it's the same thing all the time every time for years. It can get boring. So a change of some sort is nice to have. Some people don't care but some do.

I like the idea of it. I was whining at my poor hubby for a while that I wanted a new reader (I had the 300) when I didn't *need* a new reader so I bought a skin from Decalgirl. And then shortly thereafter he bought me the 350 for Valentines Day. But for the few weeks I had it, it was a *new* reader to me.

I equate it with having the same thing for lunch or dinner every single day. You need a change sometimes to brighten things up.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #35
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by silasgreenback View Post
Those are impressive; I especially like the one on the bottom.

I'd imagine you'd have no problem selling covers like that and if I were of the female persuasion, I'd be happy to have one.
As a matter of fact, I do sell these $15 shipped!
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrocrazy View Post
I like reading my Kindle naked*, so I have this rooCase sleeve for it:

I could throw it against a wall and probably do no damage, but it's not so thick that I can't fit it into my purse, which is what really matters.

*The Kindle is naked, not me (necessarily)
And you also must enjoy putting your Kindle at risk when it is not in the sleeve. Without a proper cover, you are more at risk from a drop or if someone puts something on top of your Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just remember, a sleeve/case is not a cover and you do need a cover. A sleeve or case that will not fit the reader without a cover is a waste of money and rather useless.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #38
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleguillow View Post
just ordered this one from Oberon for my PRS-650. Hope this picture stuff works! Thanks for the directions, Kindlekitten!
I have that one, but the clasp button is round.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 47.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	68090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 46.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	68091  
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #39
pietrocrazy
Connoisseur
pietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
JSWolf, I think you're being unnecessarily alarmist. Sleeves and cases have been around in the electronics industry for a long time. For example, I use a sleeve for my laptop, and my brother uses a case for his PSP. I've never broken any of my electronics by dropping them or spilling something on them, and I doubt I'm about to start with the Kindle.

Is there a risk? Of course there is. But I don't think it's a big enough risk that I need to change the way I'm comfortable reading.
pietrocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #40
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
I use the neoprene sleeve that came with my PRS-600. I'd like to have something more protective, but I don't want to add to the weight. I usually hold my reader in one hand, between the index and middle finger, turning pages with a thumb swipe across the touch screen. I also don't want an awkward cover flap flopping around.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #41
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
I'm someone who likes to change the cover on her reader frequently, usually monthly. I use cloth slipcovers (bookcovers) that I bought off of etsy or had an aunt make me. I just slip them on over the cover the 505 came with. Here are some pics.
What a wonderful idea On my way to etsy
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I actually find it easier to hold my 650 when it's it the cover then it's not. So I don't see any issue with having a cover.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #43
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I actually find it easier to hold my 650 when it's it the cover then it's not. So I don't see any issue with having a cover.
it's a PERSONAL preference. leave it be
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:26 AM   #44
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
As a matter of fact, I do sell these $15 shipped!
Can you make me one? lol
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #45
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I used to have the basic Kindle cover from Amazon, but was having the rebooting issue some folks have run into so I returned it at picked up this one...

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote