Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-11-2016, 06:55 PM   #1
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPhone 6s Plus
A possible Marvin 3.0 bug in side by side view on the iPad

I noticed just today this possible bug...it may be by design but I thought I'd bring it up just to cast some light on the apparent issue. If you have Marvin SxS along with Marvin 3.0 on the iPad Air, iPad Pro, etc...turn on side by side view with Marvin alongside Marvin SxS. Now make sure you're in Home View with the square bookcover view on both versions of Marvin.

I noticed when doing this that whichever version of Marvin takes up the iPad on the LEFT side does NOT have the scroll bar on the bottom to scroll through the bookcovers to select. But there IS a scrollbar on whichever is on the RIGHT side of the iPad screen with the other Marvin side by side. I don't understand the design reason to prevent the Marvin on the LEFT side to not have that scroll bar on the bottom screen while the Marvin version on the RIGHT side does have that scrollbar on the bottom.

Can somebody clear up this mystery for me? If not then this appears to be a bug that needs fixing. It's not an urgent issue by any means...but I'd thought I'd bring this up so that the developer can look into this and possibly provide an explanation or maybe acknowledge that this needs an eventual fix.

Last edited by Spfamy1; 10-11-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Spfamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:51 AM   #2
Jsolomon
Jsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Marvin on iPad mini 2 & iPad Air 2
Now, this is just a SWAG as I don't own SxS but in most multiwindow situations the scrollbar only appears in the focused window/application (i.e. The one you clicked in last) Can you verify this isn't the case here?

Edit: tried Marvin 3 and both Hypen and Microsoft OneNote in side-by-side and had no scrolling isues on either. iOS Side-by-side doesn't appear to use a focus model so my suggestion above probably isn't relevant.

Edit: Ok, last try. When you refer to the 'scrollbar' at the bottom do you mean what Kris is calling a 'scrubber'? There is an option to display this for long lists (or not) and its possible you don't have it turned on in one app and do in the other?

Last edited by Jsolomon; 10-14-2016 at 03:23 AM.
Jsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPhone 6s Plus
No...I'm referring to the scrollbar on the bottom to quickly screen the books you're looking for to read since the number of books can't all fit on the home screen. That's the one I'm referring to.

I did a quick test to try your theory that it's the Marvin that has focus that shows thes scrollbar. No dice. I tried it on either version in side by side mode. Even if I focus on the version that doesn't show the scrollbar on the bottom still doesn't show it while the one on the right DOES show the scrollbar. This is looking more like a bug if and until Kris either confirms it or explains why there is no scrollbar on the bottom of the left side when in side by side view.
Spfamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote