Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #46
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NiLuJe again.

Unless I say how awesome he is "by hand" - YEAH!

Can't make me
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #47
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
I had no other choice than doing a factory reset after installing my localization. No Menu popping up, but triggering down 6 times I got into settings, there I blindly triggered 5 time and did the reset. Update Kindle must have been grayed out, could only verify by trying different button triggers. So most likely I will have to do the 3.0.2 way getting a proper system again.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #48
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: :P

@diba: Yep, tweaked my wording a bit. I was aiming at the 'let's do a factory reset just to install an official update' crowd; it does, of course, have its use if you know what you're doing and what it entails .

I'm not familiar with the inner workings of the localization patches, but, unless you have a shell access, yep, that might be your easiest way out .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-13-2012 at 11:02 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #49
ganburigan
ganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle3KB
I think that was my fault, I didn't uninstall anything before factory reset, thought it would wipe the whole memory. So I am stuck in an unbreakable Kindle ...
ganburigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #50
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ganburigan:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
(That you'll have to fix by manually restoring the wiped parts of the hacks in the userstore: in the case on my stuff, pull the link* folders from the zip files and plop them in the userstore, then reboot).
If that's not enough details, try a search in the hack's thread, it has come up time and time again.
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #51
ganburigan
ganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipseganburigan can illuminate an eclipse

NiLuJe: sorry, but I didn't use your JB (it was a 0.5.1)
by the way: where do I find the hacks thread ?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #52
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ganburigan: Then your JB still (probably) works. Which would (possibly) explain why it fails when you try to reinstall it.

What else did you have installed?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #53
ganburigan

Before update I had installed JB 0.5.1, Screensaverhack 0.24N, and german language (from DiBa) 0.92M. Then my fault: I have resetted it to factory defaults without de-installing anything, and updated to 3.4. The update works fine.
Afterwards there was no JB (could not install other hacks) and the re-install of JB dosn't work.
Sorry for my ignorance, I am a totally beginner ....

Last edited by ganburigan; 09-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #54
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Have heard reports that the 0.5.1 has issues post 3.4 - could be voodoo of course.
(3 now I believe)

For my part I used to use the 0.5.1

but have gone with the Niluje one for this very reason on this go round.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #55
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ganburigan: Diba just mentioned that the translation was awfully broken on 3.4, so, yeah, that probably doesn't help. I'm not familiar with the inner workings of this, so I can't help much more than that, though.

On the SS hack front, you can safely do what I said, pull the linkss folder from the zip file in the thread twobob just linked to, and put in the the root of your Kindle.

@twobob: The two are mutually exclusive and should (hopefully) detect each other during install to avoid wreaking havoc on a Kindle .
Old 09-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #56
ganburigan

@NiLuJe I can't believe it, it works !!!! (the ss hack)
Thank you VERY much for your help and patience !!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #57
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

So your jb was still alive, as I assumed?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #58
ganburigan

Das weiß ich nicht lieber Dietmar, ich habe nur den Ordner manuell kopiert.
Die "normale" Installation des .bin files hat er abgelehnt. Gruß *

(sorry for german)

I don't know, I only copied the linkss-folder manually.
The normal installation of the .bin file failed.

Last edited by ganburigan; 09-13-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #59
diba
Addict

gracias
Old 09-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #60
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@diba: Yeah, Yifan's jailbreak doesn't rely on anything in the userstore, so a factory reset won't do anything to it.

With mine, it'll disable it, because it relies on the linkjail folder being there. Just putting it back manually should 'fix' it, though, just like it did for ganburigan's SS hack .

Tags
3.4, kindle 3, ota, updates