Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 03:31 AM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
Quit frankly Amazon have really missed the boat with the kindle fire instead of doing a WORLDWIDE release they made a BIG mistake of only selling it in the USA.
The Kindle Fire is only sold in the US for the simple reason that it's sold primarily as a content consumption device for Amazon's video services, which are only available in the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #62
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Seems like the Galaxy Tab2 has been reduced to similar price as the Nexus. Is Samsung selling them at a loss now?
This is not the first time Samsung have been forced to drop the price on the TAB2 as when they released them they where going to sell them at high powered tablet prices when it's in fact it's a medium powered tablet and they where simply not going selling them at $310

Once they start selling them at give away prices i MITE buy one for my mother as she wont need the power of a NEXUS 7 has to offer

The Nexus 7 has changed the playing field for the better for Android and for us customers as any opponents will have to drop there prices (SAMSUNG ) OR produce something better at a similar price to the nexus-and that's good for everybody.

From what i remember of the galaxy TAB2 release it arrived with a fizzle and when you compare it to the arrival of the NEXUS 7 it's already completely out shined it (& out sold it) & it more than lives up to the hipe unlike Some other tablets that ended up being beached whales(high pricing/hardware /software problems)

The Tablet war has truly begun

Samsung cuts the price of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to $250
http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...aiblity-74939/

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-06-2012 at 06:15 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #63
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Kindle Fire is only sold in the US for the simple reason that it's sold primarily as a content consumption device for Amazon's video services, which are only available in the US.
I think this is what google are trying to do with the Nexus, unfortunately some of the services are US only like the fire

in the UK books and movies work great streaming from google cloud, if google get music,tv & magazines like the US it will be great streaming device

however it works great as a tablet and google media options are not really needed

i dont know anything about the fire, but would this not work similar if it was available outside the us (sideload music, films ?)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #64
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Seems like the Galaxy Tab2 has been reduced to similar price as the Nexus. Is Samsung selling them at a loss now?
Well, kind of ... not super cheap in my opinion, but a fair price for being new. I paid $249.00

I just bought one, yesterday. I do not want to hi jack this thread, but would like to hear opinions of people who already own a Nexus 2.

I was impressed because it's weight, very light, and of course, is a full Android experience.

I do not care too much about the SD card slot or remote control capabilities although it is really nice (got it work for me Uverse TV)

I find the Kindle for Android margins kind of too big and resolution ok for reading, not fantastic.

Should I return it? I kind of feel it was an impulse buy. I wonder if I should wait and get the Nexus 7. But don't like the idea of not having flash and not having a complete landscape experience. I've also read some comments about few screen and software issues when they received theirs.

Last edited by jocampo; 08-06-2012 at 06:48 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #65
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Well, kind of ... not super cheap in my opinion, but a fair price for being new. I paid $249.00

I just bought one, yesterday. I do not want to hi jack this thread, but would like to hear opinions of people who already own a Nexus 2.

I was impressed because it's weight, very light, and of course, is a full Android experience.

I do not care too much about the SD card slot or remote control capabilities although it is really nice (got it work for me Uverse TV)

I find the Kindle for Android margins kind of too big and resolution ok for reading, not fantastic.

Should I return it? I kind of feel it was an impulse buy. I wonder if I should wait and get the Nexus 7. But don't like the idea of not having flash and not having a complete landscape experience. I've also read some comments about few screen and software issues when they received theirs.
FLASH WEBSITES ON THE NEXUS 7

My advice would be to exchange it for a nexus 7.You wont have any problems with screens going into landscape mode and as for it not being able to play FLASH web pages there is a answer to that and its called - FIREFOX BETA
As to faulty devices there have been only a few ,just like any new product there will be a few bad ones that slip through the quality control until they sort out production.

HOW TO ENABLE FLASH ON NEXUS 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpn603oZbIQ

FIREFOX BETA
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fox_beta&hl=en

The Easy way to get flash 11.1 onto your NEXUS is to type in on your nexus web search browser - FLASH 11.1 APK .choose the top web page and download the APK file from the link . DON'T waste your time trying to download it from the google play store.
http://androidadvices.com/download-l...hones-tablets/

Installing Adobe flash 11.1 also allows the added benefit of the stock chrome web browser to play some websites like VIMEO which it could not do before.

How to Install Flash on the Nexus 7 and Other Jelly Bean Devices
http://www.howtogeek.com/120277/how-...-bean-devices/

FIREFOX BETA can run flash based web pages if you install ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 11 via download or side loaded(USB) onto the NEXUS 7.

I have tested all of these flash based web pages and most of them work using firefox beta + adobe flash 11.1 .
http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/best-flash-sites

With the NEXUS 7 where there is a will -there is a way

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-06-2012 at 02:48 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #66
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:

I'm kind of in the same situation here and am trying to decided on the Nexus 7 or Tab 2. I've seen the build quality of the Tab 2 in person and am quite impressed with it. I have not with the Nexus 7.

Samsung devices tend to be great at supporting media so in fact they have better support for Audio and Video Codexes out of the box and have expandable memory. Of course that can be fixed on the Nexus 7 by adding the correct apps. For me however media is not such a big deal. I tend to use the standard Mp3 format for audio and use Neflix for streaming.

I think that at this point I'm leaning with the Nexus 7 because it has better specs on two of the features that are most important to me. Screen resolution and CPU/GPU speed a huge plus is that the Nexus is well a Nexus device and will have Google's support and a longer shelf life.

I own a lot of Samsung Hardware and like them all a lot but Samsung does not support their products very well once it's released.

However if you've already dropped the cash and are happy with your device I say keep it the Tab2 is an excellent device.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #67
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Galaxy is nice. I like that I can browse Uverse shows with it. So my wife can keep the remote control and still believe she has the control, hahahaha ...

It holds nice. I like it more for reading than the Kindle.

The OS is really fluid and nice. I think is the same OS for my wife's cellphone, Galaxy SIII.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #68
jocampo
Layback feline

"Thank you. Your order has been placed". Google.

I ordered one.

Got the feeling I'll keep both and/or wife is going to be mad, lol ...

Sorry Amazon ...
Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #69
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Where?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #70
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
According to pricerunner. But I have only checked European outlets. Don't know what their status is at Simian Electronics.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #71
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
According to pricerunner. But I have only checked European outlets. Don't know what their status is at Simian Electronics.
Gotcha; then no price change here. I'm hoping they'll drop the price to $199.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #72
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Would you get one instead of the Nexus if that happens?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #73
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That is the equivalent price at many European outlets for the 8GB model, the 16GB is selling for the equivalent of $249. Hence, equal to Nexus 7. I think it might be a pre-empty strike, before the Nexus is released in Europe. They might think that they are too late for the US market and maybe will wait until the third generation to price match. But this is all conjecture on my part.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #74
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Nexus 7 is dead in the water - no card slot.

I'm considering the GT2. What I really want is a 7" quad-core with card slot for $199~$249. A price drop could signal such a device.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #75
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
After playing with both, I chose the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 for $250 over the Nexus 7 for $199. It displays images as good or better, and feels more soundly-built, physically. And I loved popping in a 32gb microsd card and not worrying about space.

We're scheduled for the jellybean update from Samsung next week.

If I were a gamer, I'd choose the Nexus 7, though. The tab handles things like angry birds and temple run with no lag, but I expect the extra power in the nexus would be good for the heavier stuff.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote