Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
bassucus
bassucus began at the beginning.

Device: Vizio Tablet
Need help on adding a Ebook to my Vizio Tablet

I hope I putting this in the right place if not please direct me to the right place.I have a Android Tab 1008. And I have tried to add a Ebook and have converted it to PDF file. But when I open it there are some of the chapters cut off. When I open it up on my comp. It all there... What is the best way to add a ebook to your Vizio Tab. I also have Calibre and converted it using it and still does the same thing. Thanks.
bassucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
merlin13
merlin13 began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim x50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassucus View Post
What is the best way to add a ebook to your Vizio Tab.
Not sure what readers you have tried. If you want to use PDF, you could try ezPDF Reader, it works great for me. But my preferred format is ePub and then you could use Aldiko or even the Nook app (I prefer Aldiko though).
merlin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
bassucus

Thanks For The reply. I very new at the Vizio Tablet and don't know really any thing about it . I'm still learning. I willing to try anything that will work. So whats the best way to add a book to the vizio so I could read it Thanks again.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Don't convert to Pdf it is not an ebook format. Convert to epub then you can use many readers to read it. You can get the list of ebook readers for android from here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70921

I would recommend coolreader app once you copy the file to your device just open it with coolreader
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
bassucus

Thanks I'll give this a try.
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
bassucus

Dopedangle, I DL'd the coolreader and copied to my SD card and opened coolreader and selected SD card...did not see it anywhere. Is there a certian folder I need to copy the file to. I also converted to Epub using Calibre . I copied it to the internal HD. and not the SD card and it was in there. Wonder why it won't work on my sd card. I would like to be able to but several books on there when I go on vacation.I have more space on the card. Thanks for helping me out.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
Drang
Drang began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600; Vizio Via Tablet
Part of the problem is the funky file structure Vizio uses on their tablet. Internal storage is labeled "SD CArd" and the micro SD card is located inside that in the file tree, lebeled "external." This means that not all apps can access the micro SD, because they're looking for it someplace that the tablet says does not exist. I was hoping that the update I got this week would fix that, but no. Maybe if there's enough interest to lead to a new root of the thing, we can fix that.
Drang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
merlin13
merlin13 began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim x50v
The good thing is that with the update to Honeycomb, the sdcard problem is solved, as wlellis mentioned here: http://androidforums.com/vizio-via-t...1-ota-now.html

I am not sure why Vizio didn't advertise this more, it is a huge improvement many have been waiting for.
merlin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
Drang
Drang began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600; Vizio Via Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin13 View Post
The good thing is that with the update to Honeycomb, the sdcard problem is solved, as wlellis mentioned here: http://androidforums.com/vizio-via-t...1-ota-now.html

I am not sure why Vizio didn't advertise this more, it is a huge improvement many have been waiting for.
Yes, it pretty much eliminated my biggest gripe about the VTab.*

Note that, when switching default storage to SD, apps will move but files will not. I spent an hour in a coffee shop on vacation yesterday
trying to figure out why Mrs. Drang couldn't access any of her Sony eBook files, finally downloaded Astro File Manager to her VTab, and realized that all book files needed to be relocated...

*Well, that and the skin. Fortunately, with the Honeycomb upgrade, Go Launcher works just fine...
Drang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
smokybacon123
smokybacon123 began at the beginning.

Device: HTC X 0ne
Hi every one, Bassucus Did you sort your problem out if so lets know how you did, if not I would like to try and help you, post back soon if you need help
smokybacon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #11
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drang View Post
Part of the problem is the funky file structure Vizio uses on their tablet. Internal storage is labeled "SD CArd" and the micro SD card is located inside that in the file tree, lebeled "external."
My Samsung S Plus phone (Android 2.3.5) does the same.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote