Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
Kobo ios update

So, I did the update that was put out last week for timelines etc.

I noticed now on the new home page. I can see the book I am reading but I can't find anywhere the screen display that says how much is completed in the book. I thought this was the one calculation they fixed in the update but considering it isn't updated not sure if it really was fixed.

Any help?
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
on the iPhone/iPod version on the bottom of the first screen is Reading Life, pressing this gives details of book currently reading
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannont View Post
So, I did the update that was put out last week for timelines etc.

I noticed now on the new home page. I can see the book I am reading but I can't find anywhere the screen display that says how much is completed in the book. I thought this was the one calculation they fixed in the update but considering it isn't updated not sure if it really was fixed.

Any help?
The "Your Stats" section at the bottom of the new "Home Screen" does display the percentage completed in your current read. However, it won't update the display until you open the book and then go back to the home screen. So it is possible it will be showing 0% completed.
What we actually updated was the calculation behind that completion percentage, which should now be more accurate.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
Thanks, I was used to seeing it on the first screen and hadn't thought to check the Reading Stats page. Appreciate the response.
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
The "Your Stats" section at the bottom of the new "Home Screen" does display the percentage completed in your current read. However, it won't update the display until you open the book and then go back to the home screen. So it is possible it will be showing 0% completed.
What we actually updated was the calculation behind that completion percentage, which should now be more accurate.
You shouldn't have to open the book to get the progress to update anymore – it should now update as soon as your bookmark syncs .

You can also view your progress if you're viewing the library in list view (as opposed to shelf view).
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert