Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
U-tube and Gmail

I seem to have developed a problem using Gmail. I can go on my PC and using the username and password go directly into Gmail, but now on my Vox it wants a phone number as if the Vox is now a super phone? I did something as it was working fine, what happened?

I know there was an issue with YouTube but I cannot find the thread. I go to you tube fine but when I try to view a video I get a message saying the application to continue does not exist??? I thought Opera was supposed to fix this?
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
You sure that's not just google asking you for a mobile number for password resets? They do that all the time on my pc...it's certainly not vox specific.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
You sure that's not just google asking you for a mobile number for password resets? They do that all the time on my pc...it's certainly not vox specific.
I seems to be asking for my mobile phone # yet if I use my PC I can enter Gmail using the same username & password??
Old 01-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Have you never seen the mobile phone nag when accessing gmail on your pc? It only happens periodically, not every time. You can submit it blank or if you scroll down there is something you can click to ignore it for now.

[edit]: Perhaps you took my statement "They do that all the time on my pc" too literally...what I meant is they do it more often than I would like. :P
Old 01-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
mr_nobody
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
I know there was an issue with YouTube but I cannot find the thread. I go to you tube fine but when I try to view a video I get a message saying the application to continue does not exist??? I thought Opera was supposed to fix this?
Missed your youtube question...youtube requires flash to be installed. The necessary file is available in jefftheworld's app pack.
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Root, do the Android Market thing, then get the You Tube app from the market. Works perfectly, all the time.

Keith
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
Senior
Zealot

Quote:
Missed your youtube question...youtube requires flash to be installed. The necessary file is available in jefftheworld's app pack.
I have Flash installed and the first time I went to YouTube and viewed a video it worked OK, but since then when I click on the arrow key to run a video it comes up with a message saying, "The address type is unknown or unsupported" My Flash is v 10.something and I know there is a later release 11, should that make a difference?
Old 01-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
mr_nobody
Evangelist

I only have the version 10 installed too but I don't watch flash video much on the vox. Are you logged into youtube? I know there were some problems when people were logged in. You could also try switching some of opera's settings around and see if it makes a difference: desktop vs. tablet mode and also the settings relating to flash/plugins...click to play vs. automatically load or whatever they are.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
Senior
Zealot

Quote:
I only have the version 10 installed too but I don't watch flash video much on the vox. Are you logged into youtube? I know there were some problems when people were logged in. You could also try switching some of opera's settings around and see if it makes a difference: desktop vs. tablet mode and also the settings relating to flash/plugins...click to play vs. automatically load or whatever they are.
OK I will gave the Opera stuff a try as that is the browser I like. I notice the goodreader store has another app for YouTube android, and I wonder if that might do it?? Anyway, like you I am not big on videos, I would likely do that on my PC not the Vox. Everything else is now working top notch and am very happy with the Kobo Vox.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
mr_nobody
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
I notice the goodreader store has another app for YouTube android, and I wonder if that might do it??
You could certainly give it a try. I thought the real youtube app required the google framework which you either need to root or use adb to get.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #11
Senior
Zealot

Quote:
You could certainly give it a try. I thought the real youtube app required the google framework which you either need to root or use adb to get.
I put this in a new thread "Success", but let be pass on to you a sincere thanks for all the help