Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
Eric41
Eric41 began at the beginning.

Device: non
Library structure series folders vs author folders

Hello,

Is it possible to save my books in two categories : a folder for series containing the number of the books in these series and their names and another one for authors and their books that are not related to series.

For example: Star wars (folder), number and the name of the book in the serie (in a sub-folder)
and
Stephen King (folder), all his books (a sub-folder for each books)

Thank you!
Eric41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric41 View Post
Hello,

Is it possible to save my books in two categories : a folder for series containing the number of the books in these series and their names and another one for authors and their books that are not related to series.

For example: Star wars (folder), number and the name of the book in the serie (in a sub-folder)
and
Stephen King (folder), all his books (a sub-folder for each books)

Thank you!
This post contains a Save to/send to Template programhttps://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160008 that I use.
Books that are not part of a series get filed in
oonoseries/ authors_(first letter of last name)/Author_name
Books that are in series get filed:
series_(series name first letter/Series/##-title

I have thousands of books on a SD card
Top (root) level folder has only 27 choices

Each letter (series or Authors last name) has choices

(my PEz only shows 8 items. This keeps the choices under control by nesting)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric41 View Post
The title of your post refers to "Library Structure." The actual structure of calibre's library is not user configurable, see this sticky post. theducks is explaining how you can use the Save to disk feature to save your books outside of calibre's library in virtually any format you like.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote