Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #151
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
I'm with a Kobo touch till not quite 2 months and don't know exactly the english names of the bages that I have, so I give them in French :
  • Amoureux des livres (book lover) to create an account to kobobooks (though I created one, I didn't got this one)
  • J'<3 ma bibliothèque (I love my librairary) to load a book on my reader
  • Il était une fois (once upon a time) : begining a new book
  • Livre refermé (book closed) : finish at least one book
  • soif de détails (thirsty for details) : to press on a book cover to obtain it : I did it, but I'm still 0% finished for this one
  • Chef scout 10 (scout chief 10) : 10 badges obtained
  • Hautement décoré 20 (Highly ornated ? ) 20 bages obtained (I'm only 90% through)
  • Lecteur nocturne (nighty reader ?) to read all night long
  • Mot vedette (star world ?) search 10 definitions in the dictionnary
  • Titan : it seems to need to have read a heavy book (they recommand War and Peace or some Proust's books) I'm 52% through
  • Livre captivant (page turner book ?) read two hours at a time
  • Heures de pointe de l'après-midi (I don't know how to translate it) : read 5 times between 4PM and 6 PM
  • Happy Hour : read 5 times between 6PM and 8 PM
  • Heures de grande écoute (I don't know how to translate it) : read 5 times between 8PM and 10 PM
  • Bien mieux au lit : (better in bed) : read 5 times between 10 PM and midnight
  • Heure fatidique (I'm 0% through) : read during frightening hours
  • Petit déjeuner (breakfast) read 5 times between 5AM and 7AM
  • Zéro déplacement (zero move) : read 5 times between 7AM and 9AM
  • Somnolence (drowsiness) : read 5 times between 9AM and 12AM
  • J'ai dévoré des livres au déjeuner (I ate books for lunch) : You read during lunch 12AM to 2PM
  • Ecole buissonnière (Truancy) : read 5 times between 2PM and 4PM
  • Buffet à volonté (I don't know how to translate it) : read a lot to obtain this (I'm 90% through)
  • Facebook (I'm 0% through) : to connect to facebook (I don't have a Facebook account and don't want one )
  • Guillemets (Quotes) : highlighting words in a book (I'm 0% through).
  • Papillon (Butterfly) : 10 Kobo shares on Facebook (I'm 0% trhough)

If there are other badges, those are cryptic ones
From my list below you are missing #1 & 18. Sort of odd since in the U.S. version you receive #1 when you first power on your Kobo.

These 27 are the ones I know are on the KT with their English names as they appear on my KT and how to achieve them:
1)Welcome to Reading Life (I guess everyone gets this one for simply turning your KT on).
2)BookLover (grayed out) (This is the one with the bug, supposed to be awarded when you first log into your Kobo account from the KT)
3)I <3 My Library (Just add a few books to your KT)
4)Once Upon a Time (Start reading any ebook)
5)Not an Open Book (Finish one ebook)
6)Pressed for Details (Learn how to do the Long press for ebook info)
7)Scout Leader (Get 10 Reading Life Awards)
8)Highly Decorated (Get 20 Reading Life Awards)
9)Night Rider (Read for about 3-4 hours past midnight?)
10)Word Up! (Look up definitions for 10 words)
11)Juggernaut (only 32% right now)(Make 10k page turns)
12)Page Turner (read a book for 2hrs straight)
13)Afternoon Rush Hour (Read 5 times between 4pm-6pm)
14)Happy Hour (Read 5 times between 6pm-8pm)
15)Primetime (Read 5 times between 8pm-10pm)
16)Better in Bed (Read 5 times between 10pm-12am)
17)Witching Hour (Read 5 times between 12am-1am)
18)Graveyard Shift (Read 5 times between 1am-5am)
19)Eat It (Read 5 times between 5am-7am)
20)Kill the Commute (Read 5 times between 7am-9am)
21)Sleeping In (Read 5 times between 9am-12pm)
22)I Eat Books for Lunch (Read 5 times between 12pm-2pm)
23)Playing Hooky (Read 5 times between 2pm-4pm)
24)All You Can Eat (Load 40+ books into your KT main memory or SD card)
25)Facebook (Awarded when you first log into Facebook from your KT)
26)Inverted Comma (Awarded when you highlight your first passage)
27)Papillon (Awarded when you post to Facebook 10 times)
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #152
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I have the welcome to reading life At first I didn't understood it was a badge

And I think graveyard shift is equal to heure fatidique
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #153
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have the welcome to reading life At first I didn't understood it was a badge

And I think graveyard shift is equal to heure fatidique
Hmm.. Then what would be "Witching Hour"?

17)Witching Hour (Read 5 times between 12am-1am)
18)Graveyard Shift (Read 5 times between 1am-5am)
Old 01-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #154
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

heure fatidique displays a witch so you're surely right... perhaps it's forbidden in France, according to DRM laws to read on my reader between 1AM and 5AM...

So I cheked one time more : 17 must be witching hours and 18 definitely is "eat it", also you have 27 badges as I have only 26. It's frightning : will the police knock on my door if some sleepless nights I turn my reader on...

Mr. and Mrs Kobo, give me my money back I paid for 27 badges and got only 26

Last edited by vice-versa; 01-23-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #155
biscuitbear
biscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura about

Device: kobo by fnac
Quote:
So I checked one time more : 17 must be witching hours and 18 definitely is "eat it", so you have 27 badges and I have only 26.
Are you sure you read 5 times between 1 am and 5 am? This award appears only after you have earned it. I have a Kobo by fnac which I set up in English, and I have the normal number of awards. I'm only missing the 5 am to 7 am award : no way I can be awake and reading at that time...
biscuitbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #156
vice-versa
whippet addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitbear View Post
I'm only missing the 5 am to 7 am award : no way I can be awake and reading at that time...
As for me no way I can be awake and reading between 1AM and 5 AM, cause that's about my daily my sleeping time : working in Paris suburb and living in Normandy, I need to be in my way before the rushing hours, so I leave at 6AM and rarely go to sleep before midnight... Perhaps when I'll have some days off (and a real page turner to read but I just started a Crichton so that's possible )...
Old 01-24-2012, 03:38 AM   #157
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
As for me no way I can be awake and reading between 1AM and 5 AM, cause that's about my daily my sleeping time : working in Paris suburb and living in Normandy, I need to be in my way before the rushing hours, so I leave at 6AM and rarely go to sleep before midnight... Perhaps when I'll have some days off (and a real page turner to read but I just started a Crichton so that's possible )...
Good luck!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #158
PiersS
Enthusiast
PiersS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
As for me no way I can be awake and reading between 1AM and 5 AM
The same applies to me, but my alarm clock usually goes off around 5, so I set it back 5 minutes and when it went off, I turned on the reader and flipped a page.. It took a couple weeks to get it, because I wasn't always willing to get up, but now I've got it lol..
PiersS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #159
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiersS View Post
The same applies to me, but my alarm clock usually goes off around 5, so I set it back 5 minutes and when it went off, I turned on the reader and flipped a page.. It took a couple weeks to get it, because I wasn't always willing to get up, but now I've got it lol..
I guess that's one way to get it.. Good thing Kobo didn't decide to break up that time block into smaller pieces.. I would hate to have to try for an award that was 1am-3am, 3am-4am, 4am-5am.. :P
Old 01-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #160
vice-versa
whippet addict

I read the Crichton one in 24 hours I knew it was possible (though I didn't read all day long, I had some other "duties" to do ) so as for at least one time, I have read past midnight and other nights when I just couldn't sleep (work bothers me even during my sleeping time ) and some times I awoke a bit too soon so, I'll have them, it's just a matter of time...

I know I have to keep at least 5 hours of sleep, either way, it's dangerous to drive long trips... I'm a bad sleeper in fact and must stick to that, or I'll have very bad time returning to a regular pattern of sleep (strange enough how lack of sleep can lead you to sleep less and less till you "break down")
Old 01-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #161
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiersS View Post

Now that's dedication! Personally, I would just change the clock on my reader and continue to sleep in… but I suppose that's cheating
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #162
PiersS
Enthusiast
PiersS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
lol.. as much cheating as just opening a book for 10 seconds at a certain time of day
PiersS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #163
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
Now that's dedication! Personally, I would just change the clock on my reader and continue to sleep in… but I suppose that's cheating
That may be an option for other devices but I believe the KT syncs its clock when you connect to Kobo's servers and cannot be manually set/changed.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #164
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
Well, I cheated this way in a sense, and not on purpose: I went to Australia for a week and didn't bother changing the time on my Kobo. It thought I was doing most of my reading at rather strange times... ;-)
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #165
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfresno View Post
Well, I cheated this way in a sense, and not on purpose: I went to Australia for a week and didn't bother changing the time on my Kobo. It thought I was doing most of my reading at rather strange times... ;-)
Same here.. I was in Japan for a work trip and got my early morning awards then. (5hrs diff from Hawaii)

Tags
awards, reading life, touch