Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Neiks
Neiks began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
New to Nook and side loading

I've had me nook for a week and can download from the BN website but am struggling with figuring out sideloading and downloading books from other sites. I downloaded some free books from the Harlequine site on my computer and they are PDF files and now don't know how to get them on my nook. I have connected my nook to my computer and drag them from my download folder into my BN download folder and they show up in the BN folder as a PDF file but they don't appear on my nook.

Any help in what I'm doing wrong is appreciated.

Thanks
Pam

P.S. My computer is a Mac.
Neiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Caltsar
Zealot
Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: nook Touch, iPad, iPhone
Files you download from other sites need to be put into your "My Documents" folder. If the books are protected with DRM (specifically needing Adobe Digital Editions), then you will need to use the Adobe Digital Editions program to load the books onto your nook. In either case, the books will go into the "My Documents" folder. The B&N Download folder only contains books you buy from B&N.
Caltsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Neiks
Neiks began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank-you! I knew it had to be something simple I was or wasn't doing.
Neiks is offline   Reply With Quote