Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Is there a way to get Calibre to retain "!important" in a css?

On an epub-to-epub conversion, Calibre will strip out the designation !important that I've added to the stylesheet. Is there a way I can get Calibre to retain it?

I've just started using it because Stanza ordinarily refuses to honor standard centering instructions in a css. This is a known quirk of Stanza, and the !important designation next to the "center" instruction gets Stanza to comply.

I notice there is an extra CSS field under the conversion settings. Is there something that can be done there? Some instruction? I have never used that field before for anything so am not aware what it can do.

Ordinarily, I don't do epub-to-epub conversions, but they are necessary sometimes to "fix" some minor things in an epub or to alter things like line spacing or cover art.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
elkaintmoose
elkaintmoose began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
I just ran into this myself. Found I could "fix" it by using the "Tweak ePub" command, and re-editing the stylesheet there. (E.g.: find 'text-align: left' replace 'text-align: left !important' etc.)

I'd rather not have to "fix" these files at all, though. Does anyone know why Calibre strips !important designations? Is there a way to stop it?
elkaintmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert