Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
RegEx REPLACEMENT: Help needed!

Does anyone now which is the notation for the replacement operator?

%1 and $1 do not seem to work

I want this:
Code:
<div class="s5" id="calibre_toc_2">
<p class="calibre2">I. PERDIDOS EN EL COSMOS</p>
turned into:
Code:
<div class="s5" id="calibre_toc_2">
<h3 class="calibre2">I. PERDIDOS EN EL COSMOS</h3>
With:
Code:
<div class="s5" id="calibre_toc_[0-9]">\n\s*<p class="calibre2">([\(\Ñ\).a-zA-Z0-9\-_\s\c]*)</p>
I can select all the ocurrences in the file but cannot do any replacement as far as the usual notation does not seem to work
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
It's \#.

I really need to write a wiki page for the regex syntax... but I'm slightly reluctant since I'll probably be replacing the currently used engine with PCRE.

Anyway, you can see the upstream documentation on the regex engine that Sigil uses here.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

I read the link before and as far as I remember
there is no reference to \# nor replace.

¿could you please use it in the example I'm working on?
I cannot make it work

EDIT:

No need to. I've figured out myself. Odd notation though.
Thanks anyway.

Last edited by LARdT; 12-31-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I think it means using \1, \2, etc. instead of %1 or $2...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
sircastor
Reader
sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
but I'm slightly reluctant since I'll probably be replacing the currently used engine with PCRE.
Excellent. This is the best news I've heard today.
sircastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircastor View Post
Excellent. This is the best news I've heard today.
Really? You care that much about the possibility of the internal regex engine switching to PCRE? I'd love to know why.

I mean, I know why I care about it, but I'm interested in why are you so excited about the prospect. Knowing the reason would give me more perspective.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Quote:
I'll probably be replacing the currently used engine with PCRE.
Wa-hoo!

The universe is kind today!

m a r

ps: I'm a NoteTab dork, and it uses PCRE.
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:00 PM   #8
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

Well, I suppose you are thinking on development issues but I've consulted the Wiki comparison between RegeX ENGINES and Qt seemed to be the less powerful and flexible:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...ession_engines

Anyway it has done the job perfectly after the initial surprise because of the non-standard (if there is such thing as a standard for RegEx) notation.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
Well, I suppose you are thinking on development issues but I've consulted the Wiki comparison between RegeX ENGINES and Qt seemed to be the less powerful and flexible
Well the same reasons too. It's more powerful. I just thought maybe you wanted a specific feature from PCRE.

I'm also fairly sure PCRE will be much faster. I'll have to profile that to be sure, but I have a feeling.

Quote:
Anyway it has done the job perfectly after the initial surprise because of the non-standard (if there is such thing as a standard for RegEx) notation.
Actually that's me, not Qt. I like the "\#" notation, it comes from sed. I like sed.

When I get around to creating an options screen, I might make it user-selectable.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:41 AM   #10
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

Quote:
Actually that's me, not Qt. I like the "\#" notation, it comes from sed. I like sed. .
Aaah! Gotcha! I knew it in my bones that wasn't very standard

Now that I've you on the line, lets talk about SIGIL "philosophy": I've been thinking about what you said about the program sticking to the "Editor" tool concept. Let say that the program has now 2 clear edition "layers":
- One "high level", user friendly, WYSISWYG related layer.
- Other "low level" advanced user, CODE related layer.
Perhaps the program will become an original & powerful tool if it develops functionalities in an in-between "layer". For example: beign able to manage a library of personal CSS styles to apply them over existing CSS styles generated by conversion software.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #11
sircastor
Reader
sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Really? You care that much about the possibility of the internal regex engine switching to PCRE? I'd love to know why.

I mean, I know why I care about it, but I'm interested in why are you so excited about the prospect. Knowing the reason would give me more perspective.
When it comes down to it, it was really a matter of me simply being very familiar with PCRE regex, and not really with any other library. It's just a pain when you have to go look up something.

(I just realized that "PCRE regex" is a bit redundant)
sircastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #12
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Aaah! Gotcha! I knew it in my bones that wasn't very standard
It's used in vim too, and I like vim
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #13
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
just, FYI, their is a link to a regex tutorial for python (but including references to other flavors of regex expressions) under software called REGEX BUDDY. While it is a little steep for the average newbie, someone with programming experience should be able to handle it pretty well.

I cannot remember the exact name of the site, thus the indirect reference.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote