Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #31
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
All I can say is don't leave a naked ebook reader next to a toaster and some PopTarts.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-21-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #32
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
For those who say covers are bulky, I can kind of agree. I carry my 650 (in my under-seat carryon bag) when I travel. My Sony 350, the one I use "at home" has a padded black cover, which means it fits in my trouser pocket when I get up to use the rest room (or hit the buffet line) without worrying about damage.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #33
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
...and a zip closed wet suit material bag to pop it in when not in use. I can then drop it in my handbag without fear of dirt dust or accidental spills hurting it.
I have one of those for my Nook Color! Zippered 'wet suit' describes it perfectly and I love it! It's lime green
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #34
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I have a case for my iphone because I sell mine back when it's time to upgrade. My Ipad mini has a thin, magnetic cover and a sleeve when it's in my bag. All my ereaders have covers, and I've never had an issue with a cracked screen, or a scratched one.

I am too accident prone to not have covers/cases for my electronics.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I cannot join the club. I am of the mind that a naked Reader is a reader waiting to get damaged. If I read of a naked Reader (or one put in a pocket) getting broken, I have no sympathy. You've been warned. A cerver hot only helps protect the Reader, but it can also make it easier to hold.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I understand the Canucks position. I hate wearing pants.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #37
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I hate sleeves. What happens to them when they are not on the device Besides, they really only protect against the minor, nof catastrophic stuff.
Even many the hard cases provide very little protection. I had one for my Kindle way back when, and it did a fine job at protecting the screen from direct impacts. The one for my Kobo is similar. The thing is, they provided virtually no protection from flexing. I suspect the lack of protection from flexing is what caused my Kindle's screen to crack. They also absorb very little shock, so don't expect much protection from drops.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think we should start a The "We don't need no stinkin' 'The "We don't need no stinkin' cover" club' club".
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #39
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
I though this thread was going to be about dust jackets.

As for those, I do not need advertising to come with my book, and that's what the graphics on a book cover are to me. I'm fine with the university libraries that toss them immediately, and the public library tossing them when rebinding. Hopefully there are no graphic artists on this board who I just dissed. If so, I apologize!

As for a protective device for my Kindle screen, that I do need since I take the Kindle almost everywhere.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #40
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
To many years of reading hard back books make it seem strange not to have a cover, to me.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #41
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
She made an even nicer one for my mom's K3, but we didn't get pictures of that.

These were done with my cell phone, so they're not the greatest.
Wow, nice! I have the Amazon K4 cover for my K4. I like it because it looks nice and weighs little. Also, protects.

I have a cover for my iPhone because it makes it look cooler and protects.

For me, it is part protection, part design statement. I like covers in earth colors that work together.

Way too much information, but I guess I can't join. I'm not much of a joiner anyway.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #42
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I use a slip-on cover for my jetBook Lite (JBL), it is essentially two slabs of leather
separated by strips of elastic on three sides. The JBL just slides in between the leather
slabs and is very well protected without making much of a difference in overall dimensions
or weight. Because of the slot in the back leather slab (for the battery bump/hand grip),
you can flip it over and slide the JBL back in with the screen and page turn buttons
accessible. I usually just read with the JBL naked but keep it in its slip-on cover when I'm
not using it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125802

I've got an Aura HD coming as well, but I'm not expecting any "after market" covers
for it right away, especially with the shape of its back.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 04-21-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #43
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
All the people buying $40 covers is why we still do not have plastic, non break prone e ink screens

No covers here.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #44
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
I carry my reader with me everywhere, so a cover is a must for me. The cover has quite a few gouges on it from coming into contact with keys in my bag.....very glad they are not on my screen.
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #45
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I agree--which is why I have several pretty cases for my NookTablet--they increase the pleasure of using my NT and carrying it with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
JD Gumby, you may have a point, however I decided some time ago that life is too short for ugly things.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote