Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #451
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
My replacement is shipping today with assurances from Amazon that it's going to be good. Also, I've noticed that the replacement Paperwhite in my order doesn't actually link to a product or have a product image.

Is there perhaps a separate product code for replacement kindles which have been deemed perfect?
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #452
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubElement View Post
Is there perhaps a separate product code for replacement kindles which have been deemed perfect?
Sorry to disappoint you, but all of my replacements have separate product codes that do not link to a product page and all of my replacements were "guaranteed" to be perfect by c/s. Nonetheless, none of my replacements were perfect, far from it.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #453
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
The CS stated both my replcements were to be exaimed and perfect prior to being sent out. They both were defective.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #454
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
Well, looking forward to a good argument with Amazon then!
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #455
adrian142
adrian142 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle Fire HD and German (or other language than English) TTS

Hi,

just saw that the TTS engine on the Kindle Fire HD comes from IVONA.
http://www.ivona.com/en/

They have different speakers/languages available.

Even though I bought the German version of Kindle Fire HD there is no German TTS. Should be so in any language except English.

Is it possible to change the TTS output language to German by using a German speaker from the IVONA website?

Will Amazon update the product?

Will a Kindle Fire Hack solve the problem (by enabling the user to start Google Play).

Best regards,
-Adrian
adrian142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert