Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-26-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur
DeathtoToasters began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Illiad, Sony 505
Ok, Whats the first thing to do?

Ok, otherwise then charging the unit, what is the first thing I should do after that?

Request that sdk kit or whatever that program is called from Irex?

I am wanting to read my prc books (which there is nothing for me to do)

PDF's are native, but I keep reading about ipdf. SO I am not sure which to use.

I have the program to convert the cbr (comic book version) to the pdf to have them read on the iliad.

What else do I need / should do?

Thanks

BTW I have read the wiki, but I am more wondering WHAT I should do, vs exactly how to do it.
DeathtoToasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you are using the Windows MobiPocket Reader to manage your PRC files, then all you need do is connect the iLiad to the PC via USB and fire up Windows MobiPocket Reader (get the latest version). It should recognize the iLiad and transfer files for you. Encrypted PRCs will have to be redownloaded from where you bought them from with the iLiad PID added to them - in some cases the Windows Reader will do this for you.

If you mostly (or entirely) have DRM-free PRCs, then you may find FBReader to be better than MobiPocket Reader on the iLiad. It does not handle DRM-laden PRCs though.

You can start with the official ipdf (already on the device) and switch to the community version later.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Download the latest firmware with the dns thingy. (sorry not good with technology terminology).
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
To install any community software, you will need the developer SDK, which gives you shell access (the ability to run community-developed software on the iLiad). I would suggest that you do that next. Then install FBReader. Try your Mobipocket books with the Mobi reader iRex ships with the iLiad and compare it to FBReader to see which one you like better.

After that, you might want to look at community ipdf efforts, you might want a shell window (mxrvt), or a file manager, or a chess program... it depends on what you want to be able to do with your iLiad. But I'd say the SDK is where to start.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
Karel
iRex Community Manager
Karel doesn't litterKarel doesn't litterKarel doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
If you are coverting your CBR/CBZ comics to a PDF file make sure to resize the images to the resolution of the screen this will ensure that the page turning is very fast. If the iPDF viewer has to rescale the images it might be a bit on the slow side.

If you are using the full screen ipdf version developed by the wiz kids here, which is great for viewings comics , than you have to resize the images to 768x1024. If you are using the standard ipdf viewer you will have a toolbar at the bottom and than you best use resolution 768x935.

I hope this helps :-)
Karel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #6
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Well I tried two different cbr to pdf converters

The magna program and also the JE-Comics java program.

The magna program just creates blank pdf's and gives me errors.

The JE program works fine but I dont have the ability to resize the items.

Any ideas.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:14 AM   #7
Karel
iRex Community Manager
Karel doesn't litterKarel doesn't litterKarel doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
MMm I would recommend to have a look at this topic: http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.p...391&highlight=
Karel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

This is the error I keep getting:

Generating inf.pdf
ERROR:Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
PDF generation complete. PDF created at \\.PSF\.Home\Documents\Comics\Marvel Comics - Infinity Sagas (Guantlet, War, Crusade, Abyss & The End) - Complete\02 - The Infinity Gauntlet\destination\inf.pdf

Any ideas?