Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Google Wallet now available for Nexus 7. Makes far more sense on a phone; but hey, whatever.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #17
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
EDIT: No N7s in Red Deer today
I got mine at London Drugs if that helps. They're not even listed on their website as an item they carry. I only found out about it reading an Android discussion board.

They are getting them in small quantities and not all stores. I just happened to phone one oftheir stores at the right time and they held it for me for 30 minutes while I drove there.

Good luck!

PS...and in case anyone was wondering, the $25 GooglePlay credit is something you get when you set-up and activate the device and all Nexus 7 get it--at least at the moment. "Transformers" and the "The Bourne Dominion" also come with it. The $25 goes into your GoogleWallet. There is no advantage in buying direct from Google.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
And Google thanks you. That price bump is almost pure profit.
Yeah, that puts a dent in the money Google paid me for the AdSense clicks on my website.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #19
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotoman View Post
I got mine at London Drugs if that helps..
They don't have any here, at least not today. I believe that initially the 64 LD stores got 260 something units in total. None at Staples here today either.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #20
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurolatorHelp View Post
Hello Jackastor,

If you ever need assistance with a Purolator shipment, please free to contact us directly at customer.care@purolator.com. We'll be happy to help you!

Best regards,

Catherine Côté

Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
Purolator Inc.
E-mail : customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com
Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp
Actually speaking, Regardless of the issues the small people in the phone seem to be amazing and resolve things as best as they can. I prefere puro though to ups. Regardless thank you very much for customer service. I will bear it in mind. Delivery mistakes happen.

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #21
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
They don't have any here, at least not today. I believe that initially the 64 LD stores got 260 something units in total. None at Staples here today either.
Hey I ordered online at Staples yesterday... And mine arrived today at a little past noon!!!

Happy about that..

Regards

Jack
Old 07-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #22
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Hey I ordered online at Staples yesterday... And mine arrived today at a little past noon!!!

Happy about that..

Regards

Jack
On that note.. btw Has anyone else noticed the "ADS" that pop on the nexus 7?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #23
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
For those who complained about the home screen being portrait only, here are some instructions on how to enable landscape as well.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #24
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
For those who complained about the home screen being portrait only, here are some instructions on how to enable landscape as well.
You run a good customer service group my little round friend.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post

Happy about that..

Regards

Jack
According to this: http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...tralia-101742/

All pre-ordered 8GB nexus 7's have been shipped, but the "accessorized" versions (such as the 16GB model that I ordered) will not start shipping until July 19.

(cross-posted because relevant to discussion in both threads)
Old 07-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #26
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
I'm in the UK and my 16gig model (Ordered June 28th) is waiting for me at home. I'm a heavy iPad and Kindle touch user but I've always wanted to find out how well the 7-8 inch form factor works for me in a tablet. I already like Android so it was a no brainer ordering one of these. Very keen to get home now and try it out.
Flub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #27
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flub View Post
I'm in the UK and my 16gig model (Ordered June 28th) is waiting for me at home. I'm a heavy iPad and Kindle touch user but I've always wanted to find out how well the 7-8 inch form factor works for me in a tablet. I already like Android so it was a no brainer ordering one of these. Very keen to get home now and try it out.
My 16GB N7 was shipped this morning at 3:AM and was "out for delivery" locally by 9:AM. 6 hours to get from google onto my local delivery truck, and now nearly 7 hours sitting on that truck (not delivered yet).
Old 07-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #28
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And alas, my 8GB (preordered June 28) N7 is in Winnipeg and won't be at my house until Monday.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #29
KenFisher
Connoisseur
KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox, iPad
I was able to find 1 at the FutureShop in town. Picked it up after work and started to play with it. Will have to figure out the best way to load my books to the device.

Ken
KenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #30
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Ken, I have Calibre server set as a location in Aldiko for my DRM free ePUBs and use the Kobo app for kepubs. Not with the N7, but for this sort of thing, a tablet is a tablet.