Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #151
nidecta
nidecta began at the beginning.

Device: Librie & Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
Does the PDF have a TOC in asian languages? if yes, that might be the problem.

Sent the PDF to me, and I'll see if I can do something about it.
thank you
and I will upload the test pdf files...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf test1.pdf (861.6 KB, 521 views)
File Type: pdf test2.pdf (631.0 KB, 1324 views)
nidecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #152
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Here you go. No problems here. but then again, I'm using a modified version of rasterfarian. (make sure you download 2.5) and the final step of converting lrs to lrf is done with msh_lrsparser
Attached Files
File Type: lrf test1.lrf (445.4 KB, 616 views)
File Type: lrf test2.lrf (668.5 KB, 388 views)
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #153
nidecta
nidecta began at the beginning.

Device: Librie & Sony Reader
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
Here you go. No problems here. but then again, I'm using a modified version of rasterfarian. (make sure you download 2.5) and the final step of converting lrs to lrf is done with msh_lrsparser
thank you very much...I download the lrf file and open it on the reader,the image quality of the
illustration seems to be getting rough?So could I get more better quality illustaration by adjusting a parameter druing the making process

I download the rasterfarian form this thread:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10402
I think the version is 2.5.1 but....

I have no idea about the msh_lrsparser,but I will upload the log file...
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (3.3 KB, 377 views)
nidecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:45 AM   #154
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a tutorial about using MSH-LRSparser, http://hightech.afmag.net/converting...ser-combo.html

might help you in your quest. I haven't looked on the image quality as the default settings are good for me, but you can adjust the sharpening options and edge factor to try out.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:48 AM   #155
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
page rotation

everybody always forgets the page rotation...

i've been meaning to ditch landscape mode and just cut up the pages. but haven't gotten to it...
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #156
athlonkmf
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_d View Post
page rotation

everybody always forgets the page rotation...

i've been meaning to ditch landscape mode and just cut up the pages. but haven't gotten to it...
?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:31 AM   #157
alex_d
Addict

Quote:
thank you very much...I download the lrf file and open it on the reader,the image quality of the
illustration seems to be getting rough
then you said you used default settings to create the file.

default settings of rasterfarian are to produce two-screen lrfs that have to be viewed in landscape mode. default settings for the reader is to use portait mode. if you do both, the thing will get rescaled and look hideous. thus, simply using the defaults results in a document that looks like crap. I realized this shortcoming a bit after the last version I released.

I mean this is all explained in the captions when you do a conversion. And i took great pains to try to make them as clear and succinct as possible. But it seems for people who've bought a reading device and are converting a book to be read on said reading device, they users sure don't do a hell of a lot of reading!

anyway, even you forgot about this. if you're gonna patch rasterfarian, please change this default. or better yet, modify rasterfarian's two-screen conversion to never need landscape mode.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:25 AM   #158
athlonkmf
Guru

you said that to me? I was using the default image-conversion settings, not the landscape and splitting options. Although I was planning on looking into that to squeeze a little more usable screensize out of the reader
Old 06-25-2007, 12:30 PM   #159
alex_d
Addict

default? but landscape ("split into halfs") Is default
Old 06-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #160
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_d View Post
then you said you used default settings to create the file.

default settings of rasterfarian are to produce two-screen lrfs that have to be viewed in landscape mode. default settings for the reader is to use portait mode. if you do both, the thing will get rescaled and look hideous. thus, simply using the defaults results in a document that looks like crap. I realized this shortcoming a bit after the last version I released.

I mean this is all explained in the captions when you do a conversion. And i took great pains to try to make them as clear and succinct as possible. But it seems for people who've bought a reading device and are converting a book to be read on said reading device, they users sure don't do a hell of a lot of reading!

anyway, even you forgot about this. if you're gonna patch rasterfarian, please change this default. or better yet, modify rasterfarian's two-screen conversion to never need landscape mode.

Hey Alex, who RTFM's anyway? :P
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #161
MichaelnStL
MichaelnStL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Problem on first try...

Hi all,

I just installed the product and ran it against a PDF file...it seems to have completed everything - I have a document it created....there are 1000 pages to it (like the original) but they are all blank....am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Michael
MichaelnStL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #162
benjie
benjie began at the beginning.

Device: sony
I am student of maths and engineering who recently bought PRS-505. Alas, figures, diagrams, signs and table can't be viewed. I desperately need to dowload PDFrasterFarian has failed. Could someone tell me where its found?? thank
benjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #163
benjie

Hey, I am stuck with my PRS-505 because I cant view mathematical tables, diagrams, signs and other cymblos. I study Engineering. I understand PDFrasterFarian can help.....I have searched and searched the internet but cant find it. Pls, where can I download it? Thanks
Old 07-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #164
benjie

where can I download PDFrasterFarian 2.1.1???
tahns, benjie
Old 11-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #165
kamiyu1031
kamiyu1031 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs500
I think that is very useful!!! I need it!! Thanks
kamiyu1031 is offline   Reply With Quote